AZ Tractor Trailer Driver
The permanent, full-time AZ driver will be based out of Emterra’s Burlington location transporting product throughout the GTA and the Western Ontario region. The position does not required overnight hauls.
The successful candidate must provide:
- Current Resume
- CVOR Abstract
- Driver Abstract.
- Complete daily pre-trip inspections
- Maintain accurate log documents.
- Submission of daily paperwork
- Comply with all Ministry of Transportation regulations.
- Communicate vehicle mechanical problems to mechanic and supervisor immediately.
- Maintain route quality standards as predetermined by management.
- Operate truck and equipment using prescribed techniques to eliminate driver-induced mechanical failures.
- Follow all safety standards, equipment checks and precautions in performance of all duties.
- Comply with all federal, state, local and company rules on safety and vehicle operation.
- Maintain clean vehicle by cleaning cab interior and exterior of vehicle.
- Ensure that all required personal protective equipment be worn (i.e., gloves, reflective vest, safety glasses, work boots, etc.)
Skills and Qualifications
- All applicants must have a clean driving record and MUST be able to drive automatic and 13 speed manual trucks.
- Class AZ Endorsement
- 2 Years of AZ truck driving experience is mandatory.
- Experience with walking floors and dry vans
- Ability to read and comprehend simple correspondence and instructions such as company policies and procedures, etc.
- Ability to use skill and experience in backing up the trailer.
- Knowledge of air brakes on tractor trailer.
- Ability to driver a vehicle that carries up to 80,000 lbs
- Ability to work in usually loud conditions.
Reasons to Apply, Stay and Grow with Emterra Group
- Opportunity to be part of one of Canada’s Greenest Employers!
- Competitive wages and annual wage increases!
- Comprehensive health benefits (drug, dental, vision, LTD, life insurance)!
- Employee Assistance Program, paid for by the Company!
- Tuition reimbursement program and professional development support!
- Be part of an entrepreneurial organization that wants to continue to learn and grow!
- Ability to have impact and make change!
Emterra Group is a leader in providing integrated recycling resource management and waste disposal solutions to the industrial, commercial and institutional (ICI) sectors and municipalities throughout Canada. Our view of waste management means maximizing recycling and waste diversion. Whether you see it as garbage, waste, trash, rubbish or junk, we see waste another way – as a resource to be collected and recycled into new, usable products. From tire recycling to liquid waste – we turn waste into resources.
Are you ready to jumpstart your career by joining one of Canada’s Greenest Employers and become part of the environmental solution? If so, apply now! We appreciate all applicants who apply however only those who are qualified, will be contacted.
Emterra Group is committed to maintaining an equitable, fair, and diverse environment. Any applicants who have a disability or require reasonable accommodation may speak directly with our Human Resources Department. Reasonable accommodations will be assessed on a case-by-case basis. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
Please visit our careers page to see more job opportunities.
Apply for this Position