The Restaurant Host is responsible for greeting guests at the door. The Host seats and present clean menus to guests in a friendly, professional and quick manner.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Greets and seats guests, presents menus to guests.
- Treats all guests in a manner to ensure their complete satisfaction. Always strives to exceed guests’ expectations.
- Takes names on a waiting list.
- Runs the floor plan board.
- Observes tables and keeps track of clean, dirty and occupied tables.
- Takes guest information and quotes wait times to guests accurately when tables are not immediately available.
- Cleans, organizes and stocks menus at host area.
- Answers phone, takes reservations, and answers questions concerning the menu and restaurant.
- Interacts with guests as they arrive and as they leave the restaurant to ensure positive dining experience.
- Fills to- go orders, if applicable.
- Maintains restrooms throughout shift.
- Sweeps foyer and front entrance area frequently.
- Performs other duties as directed.
- Weekly attendance to Aloha Culture Meeting.
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
A restaurant and bar environment. The work station may be drafty due to its location by the door, and the work environment noise level can be loud. Hazards may include, but are not limited to, slipping and tripping.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
Must be able to read, write and determine wait time based on procedures. Must be able to visually scan restaurant for clean, unoccupied tables. This position requires frequent washing of hands.
PHYSICAL ENVIRONMENTAL DEMANDS:
Stand- Over 3/4th of the time
Walk- Over 2/3rd of the time
Sit- Under 1/3rd of the time
Use hands to fingers, handle or feel- Over 2/3rd of the time
Reach with arms and hands- Over 2/3rd of the time
Climb or balance- Up to 1/3rd of the time
Stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl- Up to 1/3rd of the time
Talk or hear- Over 2/3rd of the time
Lift minimum of 5lbs.-20 lbs.- Over 1/3rd of the time
Adherence to all policy and procedures delineated in the ICONA Handbook
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time seasonal position. This role requires forty, plus hours to include, nights weekends and holidays.
No travel is expected for this position.
Required Education and Experience
High school diploma or equivalent required.
Prior restaurant experience.
Compliant with state Alcoholic Beverage Control regulations.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.