Westchester Tractor, Inc. is a fast-paced
construction equipment company looking to hire motivated individuals. As a family-oriented
company, we treat our employees and customers like family.
The Service Writer’s primary
objective is to handle customer calls and create and bill out work tickets for
the service department. This position helps to ensure that the Service
Department is run in the most effective manner and in accordance with company
principles. The main responsibility of this position is to be the intermediary between
customers and the service manager.
- Monitor mechanics’ performance
and seek opportunities to improve processes, procedures, or best practices
of doing business.
- Coordinate and supervise of the
overall delivery of quality performance by service technicians, drivers,
and service associates
- Ensure a safe working
- Provide superior service to
- Keeps records of work hours and
parts utilized and work performed for each service call.
- Reviews customer requests for service to ascertain cause for
service request, type of malfunction, and customer address.
- Performs all other duties as assigned.
- Service and
- Must be highly self-motivated
- Excellent customer service with
both oral and written communication skills.
- Basic understanding of business
- Leadership skills
- The ability to multitask
- Basic computer skills
particularly with Microsoft Excel.
- Lift/carry up to 30 lbs
- Sit for extended periods of
- Frequent communication by phone
or e-mail with employees, customers and vendors
- Working conditions may be
indoor and/or outdoor.
- Noise level may be loud at
To perform this job
successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty
satisfactorily. Reasonable Accommodations may be made to enable qualified
individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Job Type: Full-time
- Microsoft Excel
- Service & Maintenance
based on experience and qualifications.
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Retirement plan 401K
- Paid time off
- Monday to Friday
8AM to 4:30PM