ICONA Resorts is currently seeking a Bartender for our summer 2020 season at our Avalon location. At ICONA we are enthusiastic about our culture and take pride in hiring individuals that share our highest mission to provide our guests with unmatched services exuding a spirit of warmth, welcome, and love.
The Bartender is responsible for selling and serving guests at our bar and fulfilling drink orders for the dining room, monitoring the cash drawer at the bar and performing alcohol inventories at the end of each day to help in maintaining proper inventory levels.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Mix, garnish ad serve alcoholic and nonalcoholic drinks for guests of bar and dining room following standard recipes.
- Ring drink orders into computer immediately, collect money from guests and make change.
- Arrange bottles and glasses to maintain an attractive display in agreement with ICONA's standards.
- Ability to use Aloha POS system to ring orders on a check.
- Ability to clear and reset tables.
- Check identification of guests to ensure guests are of a legal age to consume alcoholic beverages.
- Maintain a clean work area.
- All guests must be treated in a manner to ensure their complete satisfaction.
- Perform other duties as directed.
- Communication Proficiency.
- Guest Focus.
- Organizational Skills.
- Stress Management/Composure.
- Time Management.
This job operates behind the bar and may be working in close proximity to team members. The noise level in the work environment can be loud. Hazards may include, but are not limited to, cuts, slipping and tripping.
They physical demands described here are the representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear. This position is very active and requires standing, walking, bending, kneeling, stooping and crouching. The position is very active and requires standing, walking, bending, kneeling, stooping and crouching. The position may require occasional lifting of products weighing up to 75 pounds.
PHYSICAL ENVIRONMENTAL DEMANDS:
- Stand- Over 3/4th of the time
- Walk- Over 3/4th of the time
- Sit- Under 1/3rd of the time
- Use hands to fingers, handle or feel- Over 2/3rd of the time
- Reach with arms and hands- Over 2/3rd of the time
- Climb or balance- Up to 1/3rd of the time
- Stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl- Up to 2/3rd of the time
- Talk or hear- Over 2/3rd of the time
- Lift minimum of 5lbs.-75 lb.- Over 1/3rd of the time.
- Adherence to all policy and procedures delineated in the ICONA Handbook.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position. This role requires forty, plus hours to include, nights weekends and holidays.
Required Education and Experience
High school diploma or equivalent required.
Must be of legal age according to state regulations to serve alcohol.
Prior bartending experience.
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
Compliant with state Alcoholic Beverage Control regulations.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
At ICONA we have fun while we get the job done! You'll be joining a team of talented, hard-working professionals all working together toward one goal: giving our guests a Five Star experience at our iconic beachfront resorts.
Full-time, year-round employees are eligible for additional benefits including: health insurance, 401K, and bonus programs.
ICONA provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, ICONA complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training