Are you developing your career and want to support a team of
communication professionals and support an organization that serves the
vulnerable population in our community? The Mustard Seed is seeking to expand
our social media profile and team so are looking for someone 1 to 3 years of
experience to work closely with our Specialist to create messaging on all
platforms, including storytelling, writing, editing and coordinating
photoshoots/photography consistent with our brand. This position will work
closely with the Specialist to develop and execute an inspiring and innovative
social media plan to bring exposure to the work of The Mustard Seed. If you are courageous and confident in your
communication skills, have a strong work ethic, are able to plan, set goals and
multitask, then we encourage you to apply. Having a strong aptitude to learn
and build strong relationships, we also require a commitment to ensure our
messages are consistent in delivering a high level of integrity and values of
QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS
- University degree or equivalent with strong writing skills
or background in Journalism, Marketing, or Public Relations.
- The successful applicant must have 1-3 years of experience
that includes, but is not limited to the following:
- Superior storytelling skills through a variety of mediums.
- Demonstrated experience and education in social media
marketing, hands-on social media experience (audience development, social media
marketing tools, best practices).
- Proficient skills for all social media platforms.
- Advanced skills in social media management, including
software such as Hootsuite.
- Demonstrated expertise in using social media analytics and
testing data to target and grow audiences.
- Courageous, curious and innovative competencies balanced
with being a results-oriented prolific writer. Demonstrate proven
organizational skills and the ability to manage multiple projects.
- Self-motivated, proactive, energetic and goal-oriented with
superior interpersonal skills written and verbal communication skills
- Minimum of intermediate skills in current Windows based
computer operating environment.
- Demonstrated familiarity with established models of
communication and public relations.
- Strong marketing and brand communication skills.
- Rounded experience in videography and photography,
demonstrating a creative eye, is an asset.
- Full-time position working 40 hours per week, some weekend
and evening work may be required.
- This position will be based in downtown Calgary with some
travel to Edmonton, Red Deer and other areas in Alberta as required.
- Employment Security Check is required.
- As The Mustard Seed is a Christian ministry, we require our
employees to agree to respect and not detract from The Mustard Seed’s
Employment Values during their employment at The Mustard Seed
- Must have legal authorization to work in Canada on a
full-time basis for any employer
- Your privacy is important to us. The information we collect
is used solely for consideration for employment
- To support our staff and the vulnerable population we serve,
we require new hires to have at least one dose of the COVID 19 vaccination.
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS
The Mustard Seed offers a competitive compensation package
including 100% employer paid extended health and dental benefits for staff and
dependents, matching RRSP after one year of service, and wellness days.
This posting closes on Sunday, September 26 or until the best candidate is selected.
We thank all candidates for their interest, however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. The Mustard Seed reserves the right to amend job advertisements. No phone calls please.