The Product Specialist is to make sure that their specific products are priced according to its current value based off of style, quality, condition and brand name.
- Know and follow store organization.
- Know product for your department: Accessories, Linens, Appliances/Electronics, Books, Home Décor, Kitchenware, Antiques, Shoes, and Clothing.
- Price product in your department according to Liberty Thrift standards.
- Price product according to style, quality, condition and brand name.
- Distinguish between high quality and lesser quality product and price accordingly.
- During the pricing process, sort through product if there is some that does not reach the standards for the store then recycle or dispose of properly (trash, scrap, recycle, etc.)
- Present the items in a way that is appealing to the eye for customers to want to purchase. This means cleaning or testing items on an as needed basis.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Must be able to bend, stoop, kneel, stretch, push, pull, and lift to 30-50 pounds and stand for an extended period of time.
- Must be able to communicate in English, including reading, writing and counting.
- Must be able to operate store equipment efficiently (price guns, taggers, tape dispensers, etc.)
- Must take direction well.
- Be neat in appearance and practice good personal hygiene.
- Must be in good physical and mental health, able to stand for long periods of time with emotional maturity and stability along with a sense of humor.
- Must be supportive of working for a Christian Ministry, accepting the Mission Statements of Liberty Thrift and Liberty Ministries.
- Must be willing and able to function in many capacities as needed.
- Must be able to work without supervision yet remain motivated and productive.
- Good organizational skills.
- Distinguish current styles, quality, condition, and prices for new merchandise found in the marketplace.
- Clear Penmanship.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, & EXPERIENCE:
Distinguish current styles, quality, condition, brand names and prices for new merchandise found in the marketplace.
Liberty Ministries is an EEO employer - M/F/Vets/Disabled