The Technical Writer evaluates and analyzes complex, technical information and creates easy-to-understand user content and product documentation to increase product clarity, performance, and usability.
Essential Job Duties:
- Develop comprehensive documentation that meets organizational standards.
- Obtain a deep understanding of products and services to translate complex product information into simple, polished, and engaging content.
- Write user-friendly content that meets the needs of the target audience, turning insights language that sets our users up for success.
- Develop and maintain detailed databases of appropriate reference materials, including research, usability tests, and design specifications.
- Evaluate current content and develop innovative approaches for improvement.
- Research, outline, write, and edit new and existing content, including product operations manuals, work instructions, technical articles/case studies, and more by working closely with various departments to understand project requirements.
- Independently gather information from subject matter experts to develop, organize, and write procedure manuals, technical specifications, and process documentation.
- Work with development and support leads to identify all documentation repositories, revise and edit, and determine the best solution for data compilation and centralized storage.
- Research, create, and maintain information architecture templates that uphold organizational and legal standards, and allow for easy data migration.
- Develop content in alternative media forms for maximum usability, with a consistent and cohesive voice across all documentation.
Minimum Qualification Standards:
- Bachelor’s degree in relevant technical field.
- 2-4 years’ industry experience as a technical writer.
- Proven ability to quickly learn and understand complex topics.
- Previous experience writing documentation and procedural materials for multiple audiences.
- Superior written and verbal communication skills, with a keen eye for detail.
- Experience working with engineering to improve user experience: design, UI, and help refine content and create visuals and diagrams for technical support content.
- Proven ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously with changing priorities.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Ability to work with different groups to achieve company objectives.
- Analytical ability to gather, manage, and summarize data, find solutions to various problems, and prioritize work.
- Ability to clearly and concisely communicate verbally and in writing.
- Experience using XML tools to create documentation
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Superb writing and verbal communications skills, work with minimal supervision, good organizational skills, detail oriented, ability to prioritize and meet deadlines.
Equipment, Machines and Software Used:
- This position requires the regular use of a personal computer, printer, copier, and multi-line telephone. Computer proficiency in Microsoft Office including Word, Outlook and PowerPoint.
Mental and Physical Requirements:
- Close mental and visual attention required to perform work dealing primarily with preparing and analyzing data and figures, using a computer terminal, and reading.
- The employee is regularly required to sit, stand, walk, use hands to finger, grasp, talk, hear and perform repetitive motions.
- Ability to exert up to 50 pounds of force occasionally and/or a negligible amount of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects.
There is no exposure to adverse environmental conditions. Work is performed in a typical office work environment.
Air Innovations Inc is an EEO employer - M/F/Vets/Disabled