ABOUT VERTAVA HEALTH: Vertava Health is a leading national behavioral healthcare system for mental health and substance use disorders, providing a full continuum of services based on the individuals' varying needs at different times in their health and recovery journey. We apply evidence-based treatment modalities at every level of care and embed digital health tools to enhance and amplify clinical outcomes. With a growing list of Joint Commission accredited inpatient and outpatient locations across the country, a virtual care platform and a national network of healthcare providers, Vertava Health pioneers care that empowers people so that they can live out their best future.
In order to make this possible, we need an exceptional Nurse Manager who can meet the requirements below. Think you have what it takes to help us change lives all over the country?
As a Nurse Manager at Vertava Health, you will work closely with the Director of Nursing to develop and oversee a team of RNs, LPNs, and Medical Health Technicians. You will ensure that the daily nursing care at your campus meets the highest standards of compassionate, evidenced-based care for adult patients with substance use disorders.
You should plan to flex your schedule to allow for regular direct supervision of all teams and shifts. While you will not carry a caseload of patients, you should be available to cover breaks and absences, and to respond to unforeseen needs within the department as they arise.
The ideal candidate for this position has extensive experience in addiction and mental health nursing, outstanding organizational and communication skills, and strong leadership potential.
Priority responsibilities include:
- Precept and mentor new staff and provide support and guidance to all team members
- Maintain and adjust a staffing schedule that addresses callouts and fluctuations in census
- Provide ongoing coaching, biweekly supervision, and corrective actions as needed with direct reports
- Provide training and competency checks for new or revised policies and practices
- Conduct mock emergency codes to gauge preparedness
- Audit documentation to ensure alignment with all applicable legal, ethical, and regulatory standards
- Foster a culture of collaboration, communication, positive energy, and compassionate support for patients, peers, and oneself
Collaboration and Communication
- Partner closely with Director of Nursing, MDs, PAs, NPs, and pharmacists
- Work with multidisciplinary treatment teams
- Communicate with other departments and units to ensure continuity of care
- Serve as a liaison to patient families as appropriate
- Seek guidance from leadership and receive regular supervision
Education (learning and teaching)
- Remain current with all required trainings, certifications, and licensing
- Enforce company-established policies and procedures, and maintain adherence to established nursing skills and practice according to licensure
- Provide patient education related to addiction and treatment including: disease process, withdrawal, medications, and non-pharmacological interventions
- Provide appropriate education on specific relevant topics to staff, patients, families, community members, etc.
- Other duties as assigned
- Associate’s or bachelor’s degree in nursing
- Current RN licensure in state of employment
- 2 years’ experience in addictions nursing and/or behavioral health nursing required
- Leadership experience preferred
- Flexibility and aptitude for problem-solving
- Excellent collaborative and interpersonal skills
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills
- Positive energy : )
- Ability to sit, use hands and fingers, talk and hear continually. Ability to stand, walk and reach continually. Ability to climb or balance, stoop, kneel, or crouch frequently.
- Ability to frequently lift and carry up to 20 lbs.
- Close vision required to see computer monitor, read documents, and operate copy and fax machine.
- Work environment is indoors and climate controlled. Occasionally exposed to outdoor weather conditions.
Vertava Health is an EEO employer - M/F/Vets/Disabled