Hydrofarm is a leading distributor and manufacturer of hydroponics equipment and supplies for controlled environment agriculture, including high intensity grow lights, climate control solutions, and growing media, as well as a broad portfolio of innovative and proprietary branded products.
For over 40 years, Hydrofarm has helped growers make growing easier and more productive. And while we have been around for over four decades, we’re not done yet! We continue to grow and expand our operations - bringing the best talent and capabilities to keep pace with our aspirations in the market.
Our mission is to empower growers, farmers and cultivators with products that enable greater quality, efficiency, consistency, and speed in their grow projects.
Aurora Peat Products produces professional grade Canadian Sphagnum peat moss products that enhance crop productivity and overall growing media quality for a wide range of industries and uses such as: soil mixes for the horticulture market, soil conditioners, mushroom casing material, general vegetable gardening, cannabis, and reforestation seedlings. We are a leader in promoting sustainability within our environment and industry. We believe that people matter most - because our people drive our business, engage with our customers, and continue transform our company.
More information? Check us out - https://investors.hydrofarm.com/ If you are aligned with our mission and beliefs, let's connect.
We are currently looking for Full Time Senior Accountant.
On a daily basis this person will be responsible for:
· Overseeing the activities of the complete finance department
· Perform tasks associated with month end and year end close, income statement and balance sheet, account reconciliation and G/L analysis, oversee accounts payable and receivable
· Conducts cashflow projections and reports, cost accounting, COGS analysis
· Assess, execute, and streamline policies, procedures, controls, and operating systems
· Provide analysis for sales and product costing, manufacturing variances, operating expenses, gross margins
· Government Remittances and Tax Filing
· Works closely with the Inventory Coordinator to review levels and order patterns, assist in resolving discrepancies
· Routine communications with bank related financing
· Practical knowledge of KPI reporting and analysis
· Collaborate with the executive team and partners to support efficient and effective operations
To be able to achieve those
responsibilities we are looking for the following qualifications and
· Accounting designation with minimum 5 years’ experience
· 2+ years leadership equivalent role
· Solid knowledge Microsoft GP ERP system (or equivalent), Microsoft Office, particularly Excel
· Conflict management, business negotiation, combined with exceptional organizational skills and decision-making skills.
· Refined ability to communicate and oversee and delegate responsibilities and provide leadership and training to key personnel
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice
Hydrofarm is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of actual or perceived race, color, national origin , ancestry, sex (which includes pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding and medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth or breastfeeding), gender, gender identity, and gender expression, religious creed, disability, genetic information, age, marital status, sexual orientation, military and veteran status, denial of family and medical care leave, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.
Our management team is dedicated to this policy with respect to recruitment, hiring, placement, promotion, transfer, training, compensation, benefits, employee activities and general treatment during employment.
The Company will endeavor to make a reasonable accommodation to the known physical or mental limitations of qualified employees with disabilities unless the accommodation would impose an undue hardship on the operation of our business.
Please visit our careers page to see more job opportunities.
Apply for this Position