- Minimum high school diploma.
- Previous restaurant food service experience preferred.
- Able to work early morning shifts starting at 5am.
- Must be able to work weekends.
- Must wear the appropriate uniform as prescribed by Evergreen’s policy.
- Must maintain personal cleanliness.
- Preparation and serving of daily complimentary breakfast bar.
- Greet each guest and ensure that they are satisfied.
- Food Preparation:
- Ensure compliance with food safety and handling policies and procedures, i.e. product rotation, dating, labeling, and cleaning.
- Food preparation area: Maintain a clean work area, keep food equipment clean and sanitized.
- Buffet area: Ensure breakfast area is sufficiently stocked, always kept clean
- Public Areas: Clean public areas, thoroughly, efficiently, and as assigned or required by the supervisor in accordance with Evergreen training and standards.
- Effectively support the control and management of all food and beverage operational expenses including labor, overtime, supplies, etc., and seek and suggest cost-saving strategies. Participate in controlling daily food costs.
- Guest Service: Work closely with the Front Office staff to ensure that the hotel meets/exceeds Evergreens and brand standards for guest satisfaction.
- Guest Requests: Satisfy all guest requests in accordance with the Evergreen training and standards.
- Communication: Must greet each guest, anticipate needs and have an energetic and friendly nature.
- Safety & Security:
- Food preparation: Perform all food preparation and service functions in a safe and sanitary fashion and without jeopardizing personal, associate or guest health, safety or security.
- Cleaning: Perform all cleaning functions in a safe and sanitary fashion and without jeopardizing personal, associate or guest health, safety or security.
- Emergency: In case of an emergency, strictly follow the Evergreen safety and security training and protocol.
- Work Ethic: Demonstrate a high level of integrity, take ownership of personal and team actions, communicate effectively, promote collaboration, nurture a positive, professional work environment, and adhere to Evergreen’s Standard Operating Procedures.
- Complete closing duties:
- Store reusable goods and break down goods
- Clean all equipment and areas
- Return equipment to proper locations
- Lock refrigerators and restock items
- Turn off lights and lock doors
- Complete daily cleaning checklist
- Inspect the cleanliness and presentation of all china, glass, and silver prior to use.
- Maintain breakfast and lobby areas clean, attractive, safe and presentable at all times.
- Follow the company appearance and uniform policy.
- Perform and be accountable for delegated responsibilities and duties.
- Ensure the prompt and systematic servicing of all guest requests.
- Handle guest complaints effectively.
- Be willing and able to work any shift and fill in when other employees are not able to work their scheduled shifts.
- Promote goodwill by being courteous, friendly, and helpful to guests, managers, and all other associates.
- Pleasing personality and good communication skills.
- Ability to exceed the expectations of guests.
- Well-groomed and professional appearance.
- Willing to work on weekends and holidays.