Admissions Coordinator (Scheduler Home Care)
JOIN THE WINNING TEAM!
ALL AMERICAN HOME CARE offers an excellent benefit package that includes generous paid time off, paid holidays and competitive healthcare benefits.
JOB SUMMARY: Coordinates Admissions and Readmissions for Home Care.
- Responsible for promptly answering incoming calls and providing information and problem resolution in a friendly, professional and knowledgeable manner.
- Coordinates the admission and readmission of patients.
- Data entry of new patient information into electronic health records.
- Provides effective communication with patients, staff, other health care professionals and referral sources.
- Calls patients/families to verify demographic information, primary care physician, and to schedule admission date.
- Creatively responds to patient and agency needs in a prompt and professional manner.
- Multitasks in a fast paced environment.
- Monitors staff productivity and works with clinical managers as needed to assure efficient use of staff and prompt admission of patients.
- Compiles admissions packets and sends to clinical staff.
- Cross trains in other office staff positions to fill in as necessary.
- Continually monitors phone, fax, e-mail and other electronic media for patient referrals throughout the day.
- Demonstrates commitment to excellent internal and external customer service.
- Assures timely completion of individual staff schedules.
- Completes quarterly in-services within established deadlines.
- Performs general office duties including but not limited to word processing, photocopies, scanning, files, shreds, sort/distribute mail, provide reception and telephone services..
- Reviews incoming referrals to ensure agency can meet the clinical needs of the patient.
- Completes insurance verification, initial authorization process & other intake process prior to patient admission.
- Associates Degree. Preferred
- Prior Admissions Coordination experience in a Home Care or Facility required.
- Bilingual English/Spanish preferred.
Our mission at All American Home Care is to provide quality care to people at all stages of life that need assistance and prefer the comfort and familiarity that their own home offers. Our compassionate, experienced caregivers help our patients enjoy a higher quality of life and cultivate a sense of confidence and satisfaction that transcends the ordinary client/caregiver relationship. Much like our staff, we consider our valued patients as part of our family—the ever-expanding All American Home Care family.
Please visit our careers page to see more job opportunities.
Apply for this Position