This position reports to the Assistant Branch Manager, Branch Manager, or Business and Branch Services Director. This position is also responsible for maintaining and balancing a cash drawer in addition to rotating the branch vault, which includes cash, coin, negotiable instruments, etc.
* Receives checks and cash for deposit, verifies amount, and examines checks for endorsements, legal amounts, dates, etc.
* Cashes checks and pays out money after verification of signatures and customer balances.
* Process transactions such as withdrawals, IRA contributions, HSA contributions, loan payments, night deposits, mail deposits, etc.
* Ensures and provides quality service to both internal and external customers.
* Assists customers in accessing safety deposit boxes.
* Examines coupons and bills presented for payment to verify issue, payment date and amount due.
* Performs trial balances throughout the day.
* Balances currency, coin and checks in cash drawer at end of shift.
* Greet individuals as they enter branch and drive-up window.
* Process work through Branch Capture equipment.
* Follow and comply with all bank regulations and security procedures.
* Complete all training requirements, including compliance, in a timely manner.
* Process transactions within established policies and procedures.
* Ability to lift coin bags of varying weight.
* All other duties as assigned.
- Active Listening - Giving full attention to what
other people are saying, taking time to understand the points being made,
asking questions as appropriate, and not interrupting at inappropriate
- Speaking - Talking to others to convey
- Reading Comprehension - Understanding written
sentences and paragraphs in work related documents.
- Mathematics - Using mathematics to solve
- Critical Thinking - Using logic and reasoning to
identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions,
conclusions or approaches to problems.
- Social Perceptiveness - Being aware of others'
reactions and understanding why they react as they do.
Oral Comprehension - The ability to listen to
and understand information and ideas presented through spoken words and
Oral Expression - The ability to communicate
information and ideas in speaking so others will understand.
Speech Clarity - The ability to speak clearly so
others can understand you.
Speech Recognition - The ability to identify and
understand the speech of another person.
Near Vision - The ability to see details at
close range (within a few feet of the observer).
Problem Sensitivity - The ability to tell when
something is wrong or is likely to go wrong. It does not involve solving the
problem, only recognizing there is a problem.
Experience and Education:
High School Diploma (or GED or High School Equivalence Certificate). Previous teller experience preferred. Cash handling experience preferred.
Resource Bank strives
to be the “employer of choice” EEO\Minority\Female\Vets\Disabled