Distribution Center Manager @Hydrofarm's Michigan Distribution Center
We are currently looking for our new Distribution Center Manager in our Michigan Location.
Hydrofarm is a leading distributor and manufacturer
of hydroponics equipment and supplies for controlled environment agriculture,
including high-intensity grow lights, climate control solutions, and growing
media, as well as a broad portfolio of innovative and proprietary branded
For over 40 years, Hydrofarm has helped growers make growing easier and more productive. And while we have been around for over four decades, we’re not done yet! We continue to grow and expand our operations - bringing the best talent and capabilities to keep pace with our aspirations in the market.
Our mission is to empower growers, farmers and cultivators with products that enable greater quality, efficiency, consistency, and speed in their grow projects.
We are current looking for Distribution Center Manager
Responsible for the organization, scheduling of staff, purchasing and vendor interactions and directing of the warehouse on a day-to-day work plan. Adjusts schedules as necessary in shipping, receiving and return areas, responsible for warehouse scratch rates, order accuracy, productivity levels, and facility maintenance. Coordinates warehouse and production activities under the direction of the Regional Distribution Center Manager, and trains warehouse personnel to ensure a well-coordinated shipping and receiving plan.
1. Responsible for the daily scheduling of warehouse personnel to ensure proper staffing in order to select and receive products at the facility in a productive and cost-efficient manner.
2. Directs the day-to-day activities of the warehouse. Such activities include shipping, receiving, production, returns, sanitation, maintenance, inventory control, etc.
3. Responsible for warehouse scratch rates, directing the inventory control supervisor as to out-of-stocks, receiving errors, selection errors, and warehouse slotting of products.
4. Generates warehouse productivity reports, in regards to selection rates, receiving rates, and accounts for all labor hours. Adheres to budget requirements and works toward obtaining objectives and division goals.
5. Responsible for maintenance of warehouse equipment, providing both preventive maintenance programs and all necessary repairs. Ensures that the warehouse personnel have safe, efficient equipment in order to perform the distribution functions.
6. Responsible for warehouse safety programs in order to provide a safe and clean workplace for employees and within the regulations of all federal, provincial, commonwealth and local regulations.
7. Recommends equipment requirements and replacements to the Regional DC Manager in order to upgrade and maintain warehouse productivity and efficiency.
8. Responsible for the progressive disciplinary process in the area of counseling, oral and written warnings; ensures a productive labor climate in the warehouse operation.
9. Responsible for providing annual reviews for all operations personnel.
10. Work with Director of Marketing & Sales and Operations and Sales Managers on a monthly basis to forecast sales projections.
11. Ensure company KPIs are being reviewed on a monthly basis to ensure we are meeting or exceeding our goals.
May perform other assignments from time to time as directed by management.
- Five years + of related experience or equivalent.
- Minimum of five years of managing and motivating employees.
- Excellent written and oral communication.
- Working knowledge of MS Office and WMS.
- QuickBooks experience a plus.
- Ability to travel
Please visit our careers page to see more job opportunities.
Apply for this Position