Air Innovations designs and builds environmental process control systems for applications that can’t be addressed with standard HVAC equipment. The company serves a broad range of industries from aerospace, defense, and R&D to semiconductor, pharmaceuticals, and more. We pride ourselves on innovation, collaboration, expertise, and quality.
Benefits for Full-Time Employees Include:
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Plans
- HSA and FSA company match with enrollment in a qualified plan
- Simple IRA with company match
- Company Paid Life Insurance and Long-Term Disability
- Supplemental Short and Long-Term Disability
- Paid Vacation, Personal Leave, and Sick Leave
- Paid Holidays
- Employee Referral Bonus
- Educational Assistance
- Annual Safety Shoe Allowance
The HVAC Technician is a direct contributor to the manufacturing area responsible for assisting in efficient assembly methods, product testing and quality standards, and product repairs. The HVAC Technician will work collaboratively with design and manufacturing engineering, production assembly staff, and the Director of Operations to maximize quality and operational efficiency.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES:
- Identify and resolve electrical, mechanical or assembly related issues which reduce quality or decrease production efficiency.
- Assist manufacturing team in completing root cause failure analysis on returned products and implementing corrective action plans to prevent future failures.
- Repair returned products (RGA) as required. Maintain database of repairs and additional failures of repaired products.
- Perform visual and technical inspection of new materials to ensure compliance with engineering specifications. Identify and report variance from material specifications.
- Perform regular work in process quality inspections throughout the assembly cycle ensuring compliance with SOP’s and product engineering requirements.
- Assist in in-process and final product testing including any adjustments required during the testing and data collection process.
- Perform direct production assembly as requested. Comply with and demonstrate best practices in performing data assembly and assembly process.
- Perform time studies and line balancing as requested in compliance with best practices and lean manufacturing principles. Prepare production documentation including but not limited to SOP’s, inventory reports, productivity reports, test data to support efficient operations.
- Assist Quality Technician on return to vendor (RTV) parts. Create appropriate technical documentation (sampling data, material photo’s, engineering specifications to report back to the vendor on quality related issues.
- Participate in the safety committee and implement committee recommendations for safe production practices.
- Support company policies and procedures, goals, and objectives, and good manufacturing practices.
- Perform related duties as requested to support department and corporate objectives.
- MinimumHS diploma/ GED required.
- Universal HVAC Certification preferred.
- Two or four-year technical degree desired.
- 3 to 5 years direct hands on experience in electrical or mechanical assembly or quality inspection and testing in a manufacturing or experience in HVAC service and installation required.
- Prior experience with lean manufacturing principles, OSHA standards and manufacturing efficiency studies desired.
- Computer proficiency including Microsoft Office applications.
Skills, Knowledge, Abilities:
- High level oral and written communication skills for written and verbal interactions with customers, vendors, and other employees.
- Ability to establish and maintain collaborative work relationships with co-workers, vendors, and customers.
- Ability to prioritize assignments and to manage multiple projects/responsibilities simultaneously.
- Ability to read, understand, apply, and write product-related technical documents in English.
- Ability to perform mathematical operations and apply statistical concepts to such tasks as frequency distribution, determination of test reliability and validity, analysis of variance, correlation techniques, sampling theory, and factor analysis.
- Good problem-solving skills to identify customer or product related issue, collect data, identify potential causes, and draw rational conclusions.
- Speech and hearing sufficient for constant in-person and telephone communication.
- Manual dexterity sufficient for manipulation of equipment gauges production materials and small hand tools and to and perform repetitive motions of the upper extremity, hands and/or wrists.
- High level of visual acuity to perform material and equipment quality inspections and to read technical information and test equipment.
- Full range of motion sufficient for moving throughout the production area, selecting and assembling packaged materials, bending and stretching for viewing product at different heights and angles.
- Ability to stand for extended periods at a workstation and to move freely throughout the production and office area.
Mental and Visual Requirements:
Close mental and visual attention required to perform work dealing primarily inspecting work in process and/or raw materials, setting up, reading and adjusting production equipment and test gauges, and/or extensive reading.
Work is in a manufacturing setting with exposure to significant temperature variability, heat, noise, chemical odors, rotating and stationary equipment. Personal protective must be worn for certain operations and in certain locations including but not limited to eye protection, hearing protection, appropriate footwear.
Air Innovations Inc is an EEO employer - M/F/Vets/Disabled