Come join a growing financial technology company that’s leading the marketplace in both the marketing and servicing of credit cards! Continental Finance Company specializes in credit card options for those consumers with less than perfect credit. We are seeking a Software Developer to support out Information Technology team.
As a Front-End Developer at CFC, you will be exposed to all facets of the business and be encouraged to learn and develop skills both within and beyond your role. You will be working in the highly collaborative office developing web-based applications that serve our external customers as well as our internal users. You will be responsible for all facets of front-end development but will also be expected to contribute to middle tier and backend development. You will be surrounded by passionate, high-performing individuals collaborating to solve complex problems and make a meaningful impact on the business!
· Designing and building innovative and creative user interfaces for both customer facing and internal web applications using a front-end framework such as React JS or Vue JS.
· Supporting the development of middle-tier web APIs.
· Designing, coding, testing, debugging, and supporting both Web and Windows Applications using a variety of Microsoft technologies, including .Net, C# and SQL Server.
· Working with Amazon Web Services (AWS) or a comparable cloud services provider
· Developing, refining, and tuning integrations between applications. Analyzing and resolving technical and application problems
· Learning new technologies and keeping abreast of existing technologies and applying these to a variety of projects as applicable.
· You will be encouraged to take initiative to find opportunities for application and process improvement and prepare documentation of rationale to share with team members and other affected parties.
The ideal candidate will have the following:
· Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related field; or equivalent education/experience in a computer science field
· Minimum 3 years' experience as a Software Developer, Software Engineer or similar role focused on front-end development.
· UI/UX experience with customer facing web applications a plus.
· Strong experience with web development technologies such as HTML, CSS, etc.
· Strong experience with a front-end development framework such as React JS or Vue JS.
· Experience with C# programming language and/or other .NET languages
· Knowledge of web service concepts and API development (REST, JSON, XML).
· Familiarity with Agile development methodologies
· Demonstrated knowledge of Microsoft development technologies, including .Net, C#, MVC.Net and SQL Server.
· Experience analyzing and resolving technical issues.
· Ability to learn new languages and technologies
· Strong attention to detail
· Ability to meet deadlines and drive projects through to completion
· Resourcefulness and troubleshooting aptitude
· Strong critical thinking and problem-solving skills
Why Continental Finance?
Continental Finance Company (“CFC”) is one of America’s leading marketers and servicers of credit cards for consumers with less-than-perfect credit. Since the Company’s founding in 2005, CFC has prided itself on its corporate responsibility to customers in terms of a strong customer support program, fair treatment and responsible lending. With our success, we have also grown into an innovative financial tech company! With a state-of-the-art consumer underwriting, marketing and servicing platform, we provide a variety of services to our consumers when other financial institutions will not accommodate them. We are proud to provide access to credit products and excellent services to consumers who are largely overlooked by traditional credit card issuers.
CFC is seeking bright, energetic individuals that will help us grow and develop together! We uphold a promise to treat our employees with the same care and concern as we do our customers. We offer all employees competitive compensation and benefits in an exciting, fast-paced business casual environment. Join our growing team and apply online today at https://continentalfinancecompany.easyapply.co!
You will be required to work in-office for this position, telecommuting is not available.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $65,000.00 - $75,000.00 per year
CONTINENTAL FINANCE COMPANY is an EEO employer - M/F/Vets/Disabled