The Beer Guide will be a key component of the visitor’s experience at the Tap Room. Beer Guides will lead tours of the brewery and tasting of Abita beer, pour beers in the Tap Room, work the retail area, operate the high speed growler filling station, work the floor and greet guest at the door. Beer Guides are our front line of representing a leading craft beer brand, and standards of job performance and professionalism are set accordingly. Beer Guide’s people skills, inherent enthusiasm and the ability to make each visitor feel special is an essential factor in day to day operations.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Providing informative tours and tastings at the Abita Brewing Company.
- Sell tour tickets, answer phones and provide answers or directions to the various guest questions.
- Merchandise/beer stocking and maintenance.
- Selling merchandise and beer at the Tap Room’s retail center.
- Greeting visitors to the brewery, checking IDs, and maintaining accurate counts of guests in the building
- Pouring beers, changing kegs, cleaning glassware, etc.
- Practice safe service of Alcohol. Checking for over intoxicated individuals both entering the building and already in the building.
- Knowledge of all beers and products. (ABV, IBU’s, and description of what the beer taste like).
- Opportunities to work additional hours at periodic Abita promotional programs.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job with or without reasonable accommodations.
- Hours may vary but will be less than 29 hours per week.
- Ability to perform all functions of the Tap Room.
- Position requires prolonged standing, bending, stooping, twisting, and lifting products and supplies weighing 65 pounds and repetitive hand and wrist motion.
- Work with office equipment such as computers, phones, fax machines and copiers.
- High School Diploma or GED.
- Must be 21 years of age.
- Basic knowledge of computers (Word, Excel, Outlook).
- Possess good oral and written communication skills for dealing with diverse guests.
- Must possess a valid driver’s license.
- Must be eligible to work in the United States.
Abita Brewing Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
ABITA BREWING CO is an EEO employer - M/F/Vets/Disabled