The Gem City Market Cooperative is Dayton’s first multi-stakeholder community and employee-owned full-service grocery store. We’re looking for dedicated, community-oriented servant leaders to grow with us to achieve our mission: Our mission is to serve, engage, and empower our neighborhoods by providing affordable, high quality food in a clean and welcoming environment that is worker and community owned.
Internal or independent contractor considered.
Reporting to the General Manager, the Outreach and Marketing Specialist will:
- Oversee and coordinate member services and community outreach initiatives in order to support the success of the retail grocery store and meet the cooperative mission
- Continuously work to uplift, promote and build the brand of Gem City through advertising, community engagement, networking with partner, GCM events and implementation by providing materials and resources that support broadcasting our mission and initiatives
- Actively promote community participation through the coordination of public marketing, promotion and public relations activities as part of a comprehensive approach to organizational outreach
- Successfully maintain and manage all outreach and member services tasks and offer direct support in achievement of co-op objectives through their excellent communication skills and attention to organizational detail
- Engage our community through various forms or art, communication and advertising initiatives
- Be attentive and responsive to the concerns of members, customers, suppliers, staff, and community, and will communicate these as appropriate in order to address them in accordance with Gem City Market’s mission statement
Qualifications, Skills and Experience
- Marketing, Outreach or Engagement experience required
- Experience with in-design, photoshop and Canva preferred
- Highly organized with an attention to detail
- The ability to be flexible
- Ability to follow directions and work in minimum supervision
- Social Media, promotional planning, community outreach, and event management strongly preferred
- Marketing/PR experience beneficial
- Ability to work independently within established guidelines. Impeccable time management skills
- Good computer skills including proficiency in Excel, Word, PowerPoint, e-mail, and internet
- Experience with social media software and applications
- Excellent customer service skills
- Willingness to work a flexible schedule including nights, weekends and some holidays
At the Gem City Market Cooperative we celebrate, respect and thrive on the differences and diversity of all people in solidarity with our community, employees and in everything we do. The Gem City Market Cooperative is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace, welcoming all to apply.
If you need assistance or an accommodation with the application, you may contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or (937) 701-7432.
Rate of pay is based on experience. Come be a part of a dynamic team that supports the community through access to food, employment and a great customer experience. Grow your skills and explore a career with us. Apply today!
Gem City Market Cooperative is an EEO employer - M/F/Vets/Disabled