Does “inspiring a better quality of life in our communities” resonate with your values?
If this statement connects with who you are, then Kin’s Farm Market may be the perfect fit for you. We are looking for…
Assistant Managers - Store
Kin’s Farm Market’s success depends on the knowledge, experience and motivation of the people who work for us. This is why having a great Store Team is invaluable to delivering “freshness” to our customers.
As an Assistant Manager, you are responsible for assisting the Store Manager in leading, planning, and empowering staff members to achieve the desired goals of the company and to create a great experience for our customers. The Assistant Manager motivates and maintains a positive working environment to achieve targets while living the company values. This position is responsible for training, supervising and coordinating the activities of Sales Associates, opening and closing the store, providing customer service, increasing productivity, ensuring store tasks and activities are conducted in a safe and effective manner and optimizing running costs.
As an Assistant Manager, you will…
- Assist the Store Manager to plan, organize, direct and execute activities related to produce display, receiving, daily operations, etc. of Kin's Farm Market stores order to create a great customer experience.
- Provide guidance to employees’ queries related to the operation and safety of the workplace.
- Participate in hiring, training and reviewing of new hires; supervise employees in accordance to Kin's Farm Market's policies and procedures for operations.
- Prepare employee work schedules according to company standards and individual store needs.
- Work closely with Head Office and Store Team on marketing, promoting and selling of Kin's Farm Market products.
- Maintain inventory level, spoilage, supplies according to company standards. Monitor and maintain maintenance log records.
- Maintain the sanitation and cleanliness of the store and office areas.
- Maintain the company and store image according to Kin’s policies and procedures.
- Promote products, such as seasonal items or specials, by performing product promotions to customers through sampling (and cooking demonstration, if required) and close the sale.
- Resolve problems that arise such as customer complaints and supply shortages.
- Balance the till at the end of the shift and prepare reports regarding cash balances
- Maintain the accuracy of the store’s daily sales record and cash balance (including money in the safe and change box) and minimize cash shortages.
- Receive, unload and unpack products and counts, weigh and sort them according to company receiving procedures.
- Ensure displays are full at all times and shelves are stocked with good quality products in all sections.
- Maintain inventory of store supplies within budget to ensure supplies are sufficiently equipped for the sales floor.
You are passionate about…
- Customer Service and making the ever important emotional connection customers and staff members
- Working with the Kin's community and "inspiring a better quality of life"
- Team Work - Having fun and energizing fellow team mates to promote healthy lifestyles
- Leading by example – coaching, mentoring and energizing team members to improve
- Communication – building trusting relationships and getting buy-in from team members
- Having fun – we work hard “to inspire a better quality of life in our communities”
How You Will Benefit
- Competitive salary and benefits
- 20% discount at all Kin’s Farm Market store locations
- 100% coverage for Extended Health and Dental Benefits after qualifying period
- Continued growth, ensuring a constantly challenging and rewarding environment
- A workplace culture where collaboration is fostered
- Well organized with attention to detail
- Able to motivate and coach employees
- Able to interact with customers in a friendly and cheerful manner
- Able to work well under pressure and multitask
- Able to lift 30 to 50 pound boxes periodically throughout the day
- Supervisory experience is an asset
- Proven ability to lead and motivate teams consisting of 10 to 20 individuals
- Willing to relocate to any assigned store located in the lower mainland if necessary
- Work a flexible schedule including evenings and weekends (5 days per week)
- Completion of secondary school education
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Knowledge of MS Office skills (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Strong organizational and analytical skills with a strong team orientation
- High level of self-motivation and initiative
- First Aid certificate is considered an asset
- Food Safe certificate is considered an asset
Apply today and join our family team!