Director of Development
The passion we have for bringing a diverse array of artistic, cultural, and educational experiences to our community is unmatched, fueled by our donors, supporters, and volunteers to make it all possible. Our Director of Development role that we’re hiring for here at ArtsQuest plays the vital role to manage those donor and supporter relationships and continue to forge new relationships with those that love providing our year-round programs for our community as much as we do.
Donor Relations & Major Gifts
- Steward existing donors & proactively identify, solicit, and steward donor prospects with the capacity to make meaningful gifts to ArtsQuest and its Affiliates
- Attend ArtsQuest’s programming to engage current supporters and cultivate prospects
- Establish and reach annual fundraising goals in cooperation with the Sr. Director of Advancement
- Work collaboratively with the Sr. Director of Advancement to create Major Gift proposals, solicit gifts & manage sustaining gift pledges
- Create, maintain, and update a list of donor prospects for ArtsQuest & its Affiliates. Coordinate relationship development for prospects with applicable staff
- Follow up with donors; provide them with timely information and/or progress reports on supported projects
- Create new annual fund campaigns (current annual campaigns include the year end appeal & Giving Tuesday)
- Create donor communications for new annual fund campaigns
- Handle gift acknowledgements and processing when appropriate
- Help the Advancement team with audit, tax statements, monthly reconciliations & any other team project(s) as needed
- Maintain up to date donor records in Raiser’s Edge, ArtsQuest’s CRM database
- Work collaboratively with ArtsQuest Senior Leadership to secure fundraising goals and provide reporting for the Capital Campaign
- Plan and participate in Campaign cultivation events with key volunteer leaders and major donor prospects
- Develop individual strategies for gifts and follow through with cultivation and solicitation of donors
- Communicate timely information including goals and milestones with donors to the Sr. Director of Advancement
- Identify and steward sponsors and attendees for the ArtsQuest Foundation’s Linny Awards
- Work collaboratively with the ArtsQuest Foundation’s Executive Director & ArtsQuest’s Advancement Specialist to manage and create the Linny Awards, including but not limited to communications with awardees & sponsors and creation of nomination content
- Plan and manage other donor cultivation and recognition events when appropriate
What you’ll need to thrive:
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Certified Fund-Raising Executive (CFRE) credentials a plus
- At least 5-8 years of demonstrated success achieving measurable fundraising results with major donors, gifts, and endowments
- A strategic, innovative thinker successful in identification of prospects, cultivation, solicitation, and stewardship of major gifts
- Ease and expertise in working with major donors
- Excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills with a superior attention to detail
- Passion for communicating a compelling and inspired vision, and a sense of core purpose to any audience
- Exceptional, assertive project management skills
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of sensitive information
- Ability to build and maintain long term relationships with donors
- Experience with philanthropy in a non-profit environment
- Enthusiasm for developing and implementing cultivation and solicitation strategies
- Proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, and superior fundraising database management skills, i.e., Blackbaud Raiser’s Edge familiarity a plus
- A valid driver’s license and a vehicle and the ability to travel locally and regionally as needed
- This position requires flexibility in hours to meet with donors, including evenings, weekends, and holidays as necessary
ArtsQuest is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization. Our mission is to provide access to exceptional artistic, cultural, and educational experiences using arts and culture as key elements of economic development for our urban communities.
Through festivals such as our flagship event, Musikfest; Banana Factory Arts Center; ArtsQuest Center, and SteelStacks arts and cultural campus, ArtsQuest's programming reaches more than 1.9 million people annually. Our programs and events, approximately 50 percent of which are free to attend, have a combined economic impact of more than $136 million annually in the region.
- Medical, dental, vision, term life, and disability insurance
- 403(b)-retirement savings plan
- Paid time off and sick time
- Discounts on select organizational programs and events
ArtsQuest demonstrates its Core Values of: Serve our Communities, Be Curious, Act Generously, Be Transparent and Find Joy in all aspects of our culture. It is our goal to maintain these values to consistently deliver exceptional experiences to our employees and our community.
ArtsQuest is committed to fostering, cultivating, and preserving a culture of diversity, equity, and inclusion. Our employees are the most valuable assets we have. The collective sum of the individual differences, life experiences, knowledge, inventiveness, innovation, self-expression, unique capabilities, and talent that our employees and volunteers invest in their work represents a significant part of not only our culture but our reputation and the organization's achievement as well.
At ArtsQuest, a diverse, inclusive, and equitable workplace is one where all employees feel valued and respected whatever their age, color, disability, ethnicity, family or marital status, gender identity or expression, language, national origin, physical and mental ability, political affiliation, race, religion, sexual orientation, socio-economic status, and/or veteran status. We embrace and encourage our employees' characteristics that make them unique because we value and appreciate diverse life experiences.
ArtsQuest is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer, EOE, M/F/LGBTQ/Disability/Vet.
Please visit our careers page to see more job opportunities.