This full-time position will report to the Controller. The Senior Staff Accountant is responsible for maintaining financial reports, records, and general ledgers. In addition to analyzing budgets, this position will also perform account reconciliations and data analysis for the Museum and Subsidiaries.
• Bachelor’s degree in Accounting with bookkeeping knowledge and 5-7 years of experience working in a fast-paced accounting department (preferably non-profit).
• Intermediate knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles with special emphasis on those principles relating to non-profit organizations.
• Ability to learn various database and software programs to perform analysis and reconciliations and successfully research and resolve discrepancies.
• Intermediate to advanced Excel skills.
• Good communication skills, both oral and written.
• Initiative, organizational skills, good judgment, and the ability to handle a high volume of transactions.
• Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
• Experience in the operation of various accounting software programs.
• Strong attention to detail.
• Willingness to work overtime and occasional evenings, weekends, holidays, special events or during periods of heavy workload.
Please visit our careers page to see more job opportunities.