Migis Lodge on Sebago Lake is looking Barback/Bartender for our seasonal
resort. Flexible working hours. Each season we hire staff members who are willing
to work hard to provide great guest service and to help us provide an idyllic
vacation experience. As a Bartender/Barback, you will be working night shifts.
We offer dinner daily with indoor and outdoor options. We offer full and
part-time seasonal employment for bartender/Barback position. This is a great
opportunity to learn the skills required to be a successful bartender, which
will give you skill which can be transferred to future jobs. This position
helps you grow your teamwork, communication, and patience skills. As a part of
the Migis Lodge team you will have the opportunity to experience all of the
benefits Sebago Lake has to offer while developing your hospitality skills and
personal relationships. You will meet amazing people from all over the world
and the US. These are friendships that will last a lifetime! There are also so
many activities on site to enjoy; disc golf, swimming, canoeing, kayaking and
so much more. You will work hard but there also are many fun experiences to be
had during your time here.
Hours: Part-time and full-time available, 20 hours minimum per week
Compensation: $12.15 - $14.15 per hour, depending on experience.
Seasonal Position: May through October
Start date: Early May
Benefits: Discounted stays and food & beverage at affiliated properties
Experience: We will provide training for enthusiastic candidates. Previous experience is not required.
Working as a member of our Food & Beverage
Team, support our bartender by stocking bar, bar service area and
storage areas, replacing inventories as needed before, during and after
shift, as well as cleaning tables, bar, and service areas to allow
bartender to focus on guest needs. Work closely with Restaurant
Management, Kitchen Staff and Food & Beverage personnel to help
guarantee our guests a Food & Beverage experience which exceeds
SUMMARY OF ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
· Maintain a neat and professional appearance with a properly cleaned uniform.
· Responsible for completing tasks related to setting up, stocking, replenishing, cleaning, and maintaining bar area.
· Responsible for trash pick-up and removal from bar, bar service, and storage areas.
· Greet guests warmly, politely and in a timely manner. Speak to guests with enthusiasm.
· Be prepared to answer questions about beverage service and beverage menu.
· Understand State of Maine regulatory responsibilities regarding service of alcoholic beverages.
Mix and serve alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverages, courteously and
efficiently, to guests as directed by the Bartender and according to
property specifications. Avoid over-pours/spillage.
affidavit required by the Maine Department of Public Safety Liquor
Licensing and Inspection Division confirming eligibility to sell liquor.
· Deliver beverages in an efficient manner following appropriate beverage service techniques.
· Clear tables of drinks and dishes as required.
· Clean glassware, barware, and dishes using mechanical or manual methods.
· Be available to assist guests with beverage and/or food service concerns during service.
· Work with Bartender, Servers, and Bussers to ensure that guest’s need are continually met.
· Understand all payment methods accepted, how to process payments, and make change.
· Understand reporting requirements for tips.
Ability to safely operate restaurant equipment including, but not
limited to coffee makers, refrigeration, juice machines, ice machines,
ice crusher, point of sale systems and other basic kitchen equipment and
· Handle and communicate special orders and guest complaints in a professional manner.
Participate in set up, execution, and clean up of banquet functions as
outlined in Banquet Event Orders/Event Sheets and as directed by Sales
& Catering Manger/Dining Room Manager
· Maintain bar service
area cleanliness, as well as personal cleanliness and sanitation
standards, as required by the Maine Department of Health and Human
Services and OSHA, as well as general maintenance and upkeep of the
· Know who to notify in case of broken equipment or unsafe/unsanitary conditions.
· Manually handle/lift/carry product up to 60 pounds between knee and shoulders.
· Must have bilateral fine manipulation of both hands which may be repetitive for entire shift.
· Must be vertically mobile working in limited space for entire shift.
· Protect the assets of this property and Migis Hotel Group.
· Must be eligible to work in the United States of America.
· Must be at least 18 years of age.
Ability to communicate in English, both orally and written, with guests
and employees, some of whom will require high levels of patience, tact
· Ability to work as a part of a team.
Ability to understand verbal directions, as well as written menus,
recipes, labels on foods and chemicals, and other workplace safety
· Active listening and observation skills.
· Knowledge of common food allergies and understanding of cross-contamination issues.
· Outgoing personality, with good oral comprehension, expression, and speech clarity.
· Ability to work under pressure and deal with stressful situations during busy periods.