Nature's Workforce, a branch from Consolidated Divisions, Inc. (CDI), Coloradoâ€™s largest environmental contractor and industry leader, is seeking an experienced Irrigation Technician to work in our commercial Landscape Maintenance division.
Must have working knowledge and experience in both installation and troubleshooting/maintenance of irrigation systems. Current working knowledge of newest irrigation technologies including but not limited to ET.
Available to work between the hours of 6 am 6pm Monday â€“ Friday; with additional overtime and weekend hours as required. Must be available for snow removal services during snow season, may include holidays and nights.
JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Operate hand and power tools of all kinds, including but not limited to: shovels, earth tampers, pick ax, maddox, loppers, trenchers, skid steer, mini excavator, locator, toner and a variety of other equipment and instruments.
- Load and unload materials, dig trenches, set braces to support the sides of excavations, make repairs to PVC and Poly pipes, and replace valves, controllers, and a variety of other irrigation repairs.
- Compete required paperwork and reports on a daily basis.
- Keeping plants healthy through proper water management
- Communication of site conditions to management
- Other duties as assigned.
Knowledge -advanced irrigation part identification; current working knowledge of residential and commercial irrigation systems
Attributes - Strong mechanical aptitude, excellent communication skills, the ability to track, record and plan materials, have basic computer skills, be able to work safely and promote a safe work environment; Completion of daily paperwork;
Skills - Must be a self-motivated learner, who is inquisitive.
Abilities â€“ pass a background check; government employee verification; and have a good motor vehicle record, and the ability to learn how to operate equipment such as trenchers, skid steer, and mini excavators.
Experienceâ€“ 2 yearsâ€™ experience as an Irrigation Tech
- Various weather conditions including but not limited to heat, cold, rain, snow, and ice, performing physical manual labor on a variety of surfaces and slopes.
- Fast-paced work environment and you must be able to keep up with the physical demands of the daily work.
- Position requires a lot of physical strength, hand eye coordination and endurance.
- Able to use a variety of hand tools (i.e., shovels, rakes, picks, sledge hammers, staple guns, etc.) requiring upper body forces up to 40 lbs.
- Able to operate power equipment (i.e., trencher, mini excavator, Skid steer etc.)
- Ability to lift, pull and push up
- Lift up to lobs; transfer vertically items weighing up
- Bending and squatting
- Climbing stairs and ladders; tolerate heights up to 20 ft
- Ability to utilize site sanitary facilities (porta john)
Nature's Workforce a branch from Consolidated Divisions, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity employer and a Drug-Free environment.