JOB TITLE: Application Support Engineer
DEPARTMENT: Service Support
REPORTS TO: Application Support Manager
EMPLOYEE TYPE: Full Time
LOCATION: 19772 Pauling, Foothill Ranch, CA 92610
GENERAL JOB DESCRIPTION
Chroma Systems Solutions, Inc. is a leading designer and manufacturer of power testing instruments and systems including programmable AC Power Source and DC Power Supplies, AC loads and DC Electronic Loads, Digital Power Meters and Automated Testing Systems for applications in LED Lighting, Led Drivers, Aerospace, Defense, Military, Automotive, Medical, Battery, Solar, Marine, and Regulatory Testing.
The Chroma Systems Solutions, Inc. Customer Support Team is currently seeking an Applications Engineer responsible for Hardware and Software Support on Chroma’s instruments and Automated Test Systems (ATE). This position requires working closely with Chroma’s product lines across a variety of power supply markets and emerging technologies including but not limited to Solar, Electric Vehicles, Battery and LED.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
• Software development as required
• Validation based on hardware configuration
• Resolve customer issues assigned to them via customer requests for technical assistance
• Software Quality Validation (Installation, Operation, and Functionality)
• Resolve customer issues with LabVIEW drivers and communications
• Resolve customer issues with Chroma software applications (PowerPro, BatteryPro, Capitvate, and Soft Panel, etc)
• Interface with operations, service, and engineering teams and customers to address instrument operation and test application issues
• Conduct product Hardware and Software training at customer facilities or online
• Provide on-site installation, troubleshooting, and repairing of ATE power measurement systems and instruments at customer locations
• Ability to perform overnight travel domestically and/or internationally up to 25%
• Develop documentation: Knowledge Base Articles, FAQs, and technical articles
• Strong teamwork and communication skills required
• BSEE or BSCS with minimum of 2 years of experience in a technical environment
• Certified LabVIEW Associate Developer (CLAD)
• Experience with programing languages: Visual C #, Python, C ++, Visual Basic
• Experience with troubleshooting advanced Windows Operation Systems Issues
• Software Quality Testing and Debugging
• Working knowledge of automated test equipment (ATE) and systems with experience in ATE software programming
• Experience using AC/DC power sources, electronic loads, Hipot testers, power meters, and general lab test equipment such as DMMs, oscilloscopes, etc.
• Experience using and troubleshooting communication protocols such as GPIB (IEEE 488.2), RS-232, RS-485, 12C, and CAN Bus
• Excellent written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills
• Knowledge of SCPI commands and remote control of programmable instruments
This is a non-supervisory position.
General office skills and dexterity are required. Must be able to lift 30 pounds.
CHROMA SYSTEMS SOLUTIONS INC is an EEO employer - M/F/Vets/Disabled