Heavy Duty Equipment Mechanic (Red Seal)- Recycle and Waste Centers
Emterra Group is a leader in providing integrated recycling resource
management and waste disposal solutions to the industrial, commercial and
institutional (ICI) sectors and municipalities throughout Canada. Our view of
waste management means maximizing recycling and waste diversion. Whether
you see it as garbage, waste, trash, rubbish or junk, we see waste another way
– as a resource to be collected and recycled into new, usable products. From
tire recycling to liquid waste – we turn waste into resources.
The Heavy Duty Equipment Mechanic will be responsible for diagnosing and
performing repairs on all facility equipment in a safe and timely manner.
This position reports to the Maintenance Manager, and is heavily involved in
the day-to-day maintenance and operations of several solid waste/recycling
facilities. Generally, the operation is a near 24 hour per day facility 363
days of the year. The base location for this role is in Coquitlam at 1200
United Blvd. However, a new facility is near completion one Km west on United
Blvd., with an anticipated start date this fall.
What will you do?
- Diagnose and complete all repairs safely and within company policy and manufacturer specifications
- Troubleshoot and repair hydraulic and electrical systems
- Test repaired equipment for proper performance
- Maintain proper maintenance reports and/or work orders
- Communicate regularly with managers regarding repair status and concerns
- Work as part of a team to support the daily needs of the operation
- Provide guidance and instruction to junior maintenance personnel
- Suggest positive changes to processes or procedures to enhance operational efficiency
- Perform other duties as assigned.
What will you bring?
- Must have your Red Seal Mechanic License
- Must have a valid driver’s license/
- Experience in Waste industry or similar industry is an asset
- Demonstrated experience with hydraulic and electrical systems
- Strong troubleshooting skills
- Basic proficiency with use of computers
- Asset: Waste Equipment Experience
- Asset: Previous work experience in working with online preventative maintenance programs
- Ability to stand/lift 40lbs/carrying/bending/twisting for periods at a time/repeatedly
- Effective communication skills (both written & verbal)
What do we have to offer you?
- A solid organization within which you are able to develop your competencies for future growth
- A family-oriented culture with an entrepreneurial mind-set that encourages you to take ownership of your role and effect change.
- Comprehensive Benefits Package
Please visit our careers page to see more job opportunities.
Apply for this Position