The Relationship Banker position is responsible for delivering excellent customer experiences to current and potential customers. Associates in this position will display effective communication skills and exhibit a good knowledge of the deposit products and services offered, along with the skills necessary to process a variety of financial transactions while operating a teller drawer or cash recycler. This position is also responsible for offering referral opportunities that will result in outcomes that define excellent customer service.
- Consults with account holders to identify banking needs
- Provides information and sells new deposit products and services, including but not limited to, DDA, SAV, IRA’s, certificates of deposit and money market accounts.
- Quotes rates, service charges, restrictions, and other relevant information about the products and services available.
- Prepares necessary paperwork for opening new accounts and input on computer.
- Orders checks, and Debit Cards.
- Completes account packets with required documentation and submits to Deposit Operations within the required time frame.
- Maintaining files on the account status of branch customers; informing customers when fixed time deposit accounts have matured; renewing accounts or opening new accounts.
- Responding to and providing resolution to customer inquiries on account status; researching problems and concerns.
- Must be proactive in meeting the needs of customers, such as utilizing tools provided to offer additional products and retain existing relationships.
- Maintains required monthly cross-sell ratio by offering other bank services.
- Achieves required monthly referrals for bank products and services to current and prospective customers.
- Maintains required customer retention at an acceptable level.
- Utilizing the appropriate support department, handles and relays power of attorneys, successions, estates, subpoenas, and court orders that are received.
- Collects charge-offs.
- Successfully completes and documents monthly portfolio retention calls.
- Assist customers with wire transfer requests.
- Provide excellent customer service.
This position processes a variety of routine financial transactions, including check cashing, withdrawals, deposits, and loan payment in accordance with bank policy and procedures, maintains appropriate level of cash on hand, records all transactions accurately, and is responsible for managing and balancing a cash drawer.
FIRST GUARANTY BANK is an EEO employer - M/F/Vets/Disabled