Senior Air Force Mobilization Specialist
Location: Arlington, VA
Pay: $70,000- $95,000 annually DOE
Position Type: Full-Time, Permanent, Direct Hire
As a Senior Mobilization Specialist, you will be responsible for supporting the United States Air Force War Planning and Policy Division (AF/A3OD) on site. In this capacity, you will be responsible for creating and implementing Headquarters Air Force policy pertaining to the mobilization of Air Reserve Component (ARC) forces. Additionally, you will be responsible for adjudicating requests to involuntarily activate ARC forces under Title 10, sections 12302 and 12304b of United States Code, coordinating the requests with Air Force Deputy Chiefs of Staff, and acquiring final approval from the Assistant Secretary of the Air Force for Manpower and Reserve Affairs (SAF/MR) and the Secretary of Defense. This position is located in Arlington, VA. This position requires approximately 0% travel.
- Process involuntary mobilization packages
- Provide assistance and expertise in developing policy to include overarching guidance found in Air Force Instruction (AFI) 10-402 (Mobilization Planning) and policy development for existing and new contingency operations
- Evaluate benefits and entitlements associated with mobilization authorities
- Provide technical expertise during the weekly OSD Reserve Affairs (OSD/RA) Joint Mobilization Panel on strategic mobilization issues affecting the Joint community
- Research technologies and methods to improve the mobilization process and assist in the design of solutions
- Contribute to research documents
- Provide subject matter expertise and/or research to facilitate discussion and/or decision-making
- Three (3) years (within the past 10 years) of experience in developing and processing requests for Reserve Component involuntary mobilization.
- Recent, within 3 years, experience in Global Force Management and the Air Expeditionary Force constructs
- Knowledge of the various DoD and Air Force entities involved in overall planning and execution of military operations
- Familiarity with the Deliberate and Crisis Action Planning & Execution Segments system and Title 10 US Code authorities (10 U.S.C 12301(a), 12301(d), 12302, 12304, 12304a and 12304b
- Excellent verbal, interpersonal and written communication skills
- Strong analytical, problem-solving and decision making capabilities
- Team player with the ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Strong oral and written communication skills
Level One Personnel is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status or other status protected by law.