The primary purpose of this position is to perform hands-on construction work for jobs in accordance with the Company’s safety and quality standards.
Essential functions and responsibilities:
· Perform a variety of hands-on construction tasks at various projects based on the needs and under the direction of the Job Foreman/Account Manager, including but not limited to: general carpentry; installing, finishing and repairing drywall, roofing and flooring; interior and exterior paint and trim; installing and finishing exterior siding.
· Utilize & obtain a range of hand tools and equipment to complete necessary work (e.g., saws, drills, sanders, cement mixers, jack hammers, demo hammers).
· Forecast materials needed for the remainder of the job.
· Communicate any production, quality, or cost issues with the Job Foreman/Account manager in a timely manner. — Providing information to supervisors, co-workers, and by telephone, in written form, e-mail, or in person.
· Ensure quality standards are met. Address deviations, errors, and necessary repairs to meet specifications.
· Ensure safety regulations are met. Maintain clean and safe project sites.
· Establish and maintain positive working relationships with vendors and subcontractors.
· Provide leadership and training for all craftsman and apprentice craftsman.
· Documenting/Recording Information Entering, transcribing, recording, storing, or maintaining information in written or electronic form.
· Live the Golden Rule and 5 Core Values of the Company in every interaction the employee has on behalf of the Company.
· Perform additional duties as needed.
Success factors/job competencies:
· Mechanical Aptitude
· Attention to Detail
· Decision Making
· Quality Orientation
· Safety Orientation
· Customer Orientation
Physical demands and work environment:
· Must be able to walk, stand, sit, see, hear, and speak for extended periods of time. Incumbent must be able to climb ladders, crouch, and bend.
· Will be working near moving equipment and machinery, power tools. Must be able to operate both hand and power tools, including saws, drills, hammers, etc.
· Must be able to lift, push, pull, and carry up to 100 pounds on a frequent basis.
· Must be able to travel independently to project sites.
· Will be exposed to climate conditions when traveling to and visiting project sites. Worksites may include exposure to dust and dirt.
Work Days and Shifts:
· Position works primarily Monday through Friday. May require occasional weekend work.
· High school diploma or equivalent is required.
· OSHA 30-hour Certification (preferred not required)
· Successfully pass a DOT Medical Examination
· Requires valid drivers’ license and reliable transportation.
· Minimum three (10) years of experience in the field of construction.
· Previous construction knowledge is a must.
· Must periodically pass random drug screening.
Advance Sourcing Concepts is an EEO employer - M/F/Vets/Disabled