RN- Home Health
The Home Health Registered Nurse maintains standards of professional nursing practice in the home care setting under the direction of the work site supervisor. They are responsible for assessing and providing care within the scope of their educational preparation and knowledge; permitted by the policies and procedures of Supplemental Health Care and the home care agency requesting the services; and permitted by other local, state and federal guidelines.
· Responsible for providing nursing care through all phases of care taking into consideration age and developmental needs.
· Collaborate and support plan of care as determined by the physician and healthcare team; treat patients accordingly as approved by the physician. Performs periodic re-evaluation of the patient as necessary and makes adjustments in the patient’s treatment program.
· Provide treatment to patients per protocols, utilize assessment and documentation.
· Perform on-going periodic system assessment and data collection in a systematic manner, focusing on: psychological, psycho-social, cultural spiritual and cognitive status; nutrition; pain; patient/family education;
family involvement and patient advocacy; patient and patient’s equipment needs
· Facilitates timely discharge based on goals and in accordance with client policies and procedures
· Educates and instructs the patient, patient’s family and other staff as required.
· Counsels the patient and family in meeting nursing and related needs.
· Supervises and teaches LVN’s, HHA’s as required for patient care according to law and regulations.
· Provides nursing care through all phases of care with consideration of age and developmental needs.
· Documents all care, intervention and care coordination per law, regulation and agency policy.
· Notifies patient’s physician and responsible staff of significant changes in a timely manner.
· Coordinates all services provided; consults with other health professionals as needed.
· Effectively plans, organizes, sets priorities and completes work assignments with minimum direct supervision per agency policies; within established time frames.
· Assists Supplemental Health Care in determining skill and specialties.
· Accepts only assignments for which qualified.
· Verbalizes knowledge and purpose of patient rights and responsibilities.
· Complies within institutions policies and procedures.
· Communicates with Supplemental Health Care regarding problems and concerns.
· Education: Graduate of an accredited School of Nursing.
· Licensing: Licensed to practice as a Registered Nurse with active licenses in the state(s) in which employed and
· Training and experience: Unless otherwise indicated, one year of current experience within the last three years
· in a comparable job classification required.
· Maintenance of current Cardio Pulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) for HealthCare Workers or Basic Cardiac Life Support (BCLS) certification for HealthCare workers.
· Educated on and compliant with HIPAA regulations; maintains strict confidentiality of client information.
· Complies with Infection Control, Standard Precautions and OSHA standards for the healthcare professional.
· Able to wear personal protective equipment (e.g., face mask, goggles, latex/non-latex gloves) as needed.
· Ability to work effectively within role independently and with other team members.
· Ability to organize and complete work in a timely manner.
· Ability to read, write and effectively communicate in English.
· Ability to understand medical/surgical terminology.
· Health Requirements- In good health and able to work without restrictions as evidenced by Health Statement.
Trivium of New York, LLC is an EEO employer - M/F/Vets/Disabled