Graphic Design Web Specialist
Who we are:
The Victoria Royals are a Canadian major junior ice hockey team currently members of the B.C. Division of the Western Conference in the Western Hockey League (WHL). The Royals are based in Victoria, British Columbia, and play their home games at the Save-On-Foods Memorial Centre.
GSL Group is headquartered in Vancouver, B.C. with offices and operations also located in Victoria and Kelowna. We have a wide range of businesses including E-Commerce, Sports and Entertainment, Hospitality, Food & Beverage, and Real Estate Development and Construction (Commercial, Industrial, Residential and Sports & Entertainment Facilities).
Our Marketing department is growing, and we are looking for a full time Graphic Design & Web Specialist who will report to the Manager, Creative Design. This position will be based out of Victoria and will work closely with our Victoria Royals (WHL) franchise along with many of our other brands.
- Create compelling graphic designs (both web & print ads), storyboards, presentations, content and more for GSL Group’s live entertainment streams including sport, concerts, and major music festivals
- Website design & optimization
- Create and develop multimedia content (graphical and video) for event marketing, social videos, web, etc.
- Research the latest trends in creative design for marketing, brand design, and social media
- Create multimedia presentations and decks for sales pitches etc.
- Ensure all creative assets are properly processed - proofread & specs met
- Keep track of and implement graphic design changes based on feedback
- Work on multiple projects at once, and consistently meet draft deadlines
- 3+ years professional experience in web & graphic design (print & digital), live entertainment industry experience a plus
- Degree in graphic arts, marketing, or a related field preferred
- Hands-on experience in creating and managing websites and content management systems via CMS like WordPress, and understand and edit HTML/CSS
- Well versed in Adobe CS Suite, Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, WordPress, and PowerPoint/Keynote. After Effects & Adobe Premiere Pro would be a plus
- Experience with site management tools: CMS, FTP, and java server a benefit
- Understanding of digital UX and e-commerce conversion funnels
- Knowledge of a wide variety of social media platforms
- Excellent sense of design, composition, typography
- Strong background in brand storytelling and sharp eye for
aesthetic and technical details
Who You are:
- A team player with a strong work ethic and delivers a high volume of output
- Passion for the live entertainment industry
- Resourceful and self-sufficient in approach to problems and delivering on tasks quickly
- Ability to independently organize, prioritize and complete tasks with high attention to detail in a fast-paced environment
- Embraces a flexible schedule for weekend and after-hours work-related to events & content capture
- Passion for sports and music a plus
- Comfortable working with talent, artists, and high-profile individuals
- Exceptional language and grammar skills
Benefits, perks and other cool stuff:
- Competitive compensation package
- Employer paid dental & extended health coverage
- Life insurance and disability coverage
- Employee and Family Assistance Program
Culture is very important to us at GSL. We want someone who, along with having the above qualifications, is also passionate and driven. You have a ‘can-do’, positive attitude and enjoy collaborating and working in teams. If this sounds like you, please apply today! We can’t wait to discuss the role in more detail with you.
GSL is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We value diversity and are dedicated to providing a work environment that is free from harassment and discrimination. All employment decisions are made based on qualifications, job requirements and business needs. GSL is passionate about being known for an inclusive culture where talented people of all backgrounds want to work.
Please visit our careers page to see more job opportunities.
Apply for this Position