We innovate | We have tenacity |We Empower | We get things done | We are Unique |We have fun
GSL Group includes a wide range of businesses including Real Estate Development, Holdings and Construction (Commercial, Industrial, Residential and Sports & Entertainment Facilities), E-Commerce, Sports and Entertainment, Travel & Hospitality, Food & Beverage, and Agriculture.
We are currently looking for a full-time experienced Accountant to join our team. This position is based out of Victoria, British Columbia will be working out of the Save-on-Foods Memorial Centre arena. The successful candidate will be someone who is very proactive, detail-oriented, and enjoys working as part of a collaborative team, and will be reporting to our Controller.
Have we got your attention yet? Good! Now let's get into the details:
Day in the Life:
- Financial statements preparation
- Bank reconciliations
- GST/PST tax returns and supporting documentation
- Accounts reconciliation, including intercompany, prepaid assets
- Liaise with external accountants for review of engagement, taxation queries, and preparation of year-end documents
- Assisting with internal and external audits
- Preparation of statutory compliance and reporting
- Reconcile and streamline Intercompany transactions; ensure all intercompany POs are billed and corresponding transactions are entered in the respective entities
- Confirmation of intercompany balances at month end
- Assist with the month end close processes (preparation of journal entries, recurring entries and accruals)
- Preparing and submitting government tax remittances
- Maintain paper and electronic filing system to provide accurate paperwork records
- Proactively resolve discrepancies and outstanding issues
- Build relationships and effectively communicate with stakeholders, cross-functionally and within the department
- Take initiatives to help improve processes and adapt to changes
- Collaborating with the team to improve processes and controls
- Ad hoc accounting tasks and projects as assigned
You Own This if You Have:
- College or university degree, or related certificate/diploma, in accounting, finance, or business administration
- Accounting designation preferred
- 3-5 years working experience in a similar role
- The ability to work both independently and collaboratively
- Positive attitude, organized, and a multitasker
- Strong interpersonal & communication skills
- Strong analytical problem-solving skills
- Experience working with Microsoft Dynamics, Great Plains
- Honesty and integrity
- Advanced Computer skills a must - highly proficient in the use of PowerPoint, Word, Access, Excel, and other Microsoft Office applications to create documents and reports, etc.
- A passion for sports and entertainment is a definite plus!
Perks, Benefits, & Other Cool Stuff:
- Competitive salary
- Employer paid dental & extended health coverage
- Life insurance and disability coverage
- Employee and Family Assistance Program (EFAP)
- Employee Discount Programs
- Front-of-the-Line Access to shows and concert tickets
- Employee Family Assistance Program
- New Hire referral bonuses
- GSL Scholarship Program
GSL is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We value diversity and are dedicated to providing a work environment that is free from harassment and discrimination. All employment decisions are made based on qualifications, job requirements and business needs. GSL is passionate about being known for an inclusive culture where talented people of all backgrounds want to work.
Please visit our careers page to see more job opportunities.
Apply for this Position