As our Talent Acquisition Specialist, you are often the first to engage with candidates who are excited to know more about working at Coconut, and it’s your job to give them a stellar first impression! You are passionate about championing our inclusive culture and live and breathe the essence of our core values and our EVP to potential new Coconuts! You champion candidate experience, and believe that a personal touch and genuine demeanour are part of what sets us apart. In short - you make the talent acquisition process run smoother than a fresh jar of skippy.
You believe in understanding the ins-and-outs of every role - and what it takes to be successful. You rely on a blend of data driven decision making and gut intuition and have a keen eye for finding the right fit. You know how to ask the right questions, how to put candidates at ease and have a passion for getting to know people. You’re agile, analytical, and creative and your keen attention to detail makes you amazing at what you do!
We’re in a position to experience some pretty phenomenal growth in the coming months and are looking for an innovative Talent Acquisition Specialist to help scale the growth of our team. We’re pretty passionate about what we do we’re looking for someone as passionate about their work as we are! We’re not an ordinary company and we don’t expect you to be ordinary either. If you’re someone with a natural eye for talent, and you’re looking for a career making opportunity, keep reading!
YOU’RE FIRED UP TO:
- Proactively identify and engage with the best local & national talent
- Process, pre-screen and qualify candidates for multiple open roles
- Maintain ATS, update candidate information, schedule interviews, and coordinate hiring team calendars
- Partner with Hiring Managers to maintain job description database, create job requisitions in ATS, manage external job postings as required
- Track and use key metrics to drive continuous improvement (time & cost to hire)
- Be a passionate ambassador for Coconut in the community and champion our Employer Value Proposition
- Drive company growth and development by connecting with top talent in our industry
- Provide insight, feedback and drive continuous improvement to existing systems, processes and platforms
- Maintain our employee referral program
- Continuously build a pipeline and network of potential Coconuts
- Stay on top of industry trends and shifts in the marketplace
- Support special recruitment event planning, career fair attendance and similar industry events (when safe to do so)
WHAT YOU BRING TO THE TEAM
- 2-3 years of experience in a similar role (experience sourcing and recruiting at a SAAS company and/or technical recruiting considered an strong asset)
- Previous experience engaging candidates through LinkedIn & Social Media channels
- Experience using applicant tracking systems
- Experience with full-cycle recruitment
- Driven to take initiative and be proactive
- Highly organized, self-motivated, and team oriented
- Passion for diversity and inclusion
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Experience working in a fast-paced work environment with the ability to work independently, prioritize responsibilities, and manage time effectively
- University degree or diploma in Human Resources or Business (or similar credential) considered a strong asset
- You push yourself to grow, learn and innovate and sitting idle or stagnant drives you nuts. You’re looking for an opportunity to prove yourself where you can make a genuine impact and where your contribution is recognized (More than 22% of our team was promoted internally last year alone!)
- If you don’t tick all the boxes, we still encourage you to apply! We love to hire great people who are eager to learn and passionate about what they do. Typically only 1% of applicants will meet all role requirements - so don’t hold back!
Who is Coconut Software?
Coconut Software makes it effortless for customers to connect with their financial institution. Our enterprise appointment scheduling and lobby management solutions are used by leading banks and credit unions across North America, including RBC Royal Bank, Arvest Bank, Vancity and Rogue Credit Union. The result? A seamless customer experience that’s improved NPS scores, reduced wait times and increased conversion rates for the organizations who use it.
Founded in Saskatoon, by 2018 Woman Entrepreneur of the Year, Katherine Regnier, we’ve grown to over 75 employees with offices in Saskatoon, Toronto and a remote team distributed across Canada. After completing the Google Accelerator for Startups and having just closed our Series B funding round (raised $28M CDN led by Klass Capital), we have ambitious growth plans to scale the team and continue to bring exciting new products to market!
Company perks include Cabana Days (extra vacation days), our Tiki Bucks Incentive Plan, and an annual wellness spending account, Coconut has a company culture that is best in class. With a foundation in and emphasis on people, passion, and performance, we are seen as the disruptor in our space.
We believe in a world where advisors can create long lasting relationships with their customers and operate more efficiently.
Collaboration. Honesty. Empathy. Elevate. Respect. Sharing.
- Health & Dental Benefits featuring Virtual Care
- Annual Wellness Spending Account
- Remote Work Opportunities
- Employee Stock Option Purchase Plan
- Internet Subsidy
- Social Committee Activities
- Professional Development
- Cabana Days - 8 additional paid days off annually
- Tiki Bucks Incentive Program
- A People First Company - 4.8 rating on Glassdoor
We are proud to have been named as a Great Place to Work in Canada and one of the Best Workplaces for Inclusion and one of the Best Workplaces for Mental Wellness in 2021.