The purpose of the Lettershop Machine Operator is to operate mail inserter machines, bindery equipment, packaging and general mail and packaging tasks in the Lettershop Services Department.
Duties and Responsibilities
· Learn all standard quality procedures and standard operating procedures as established by the company
· Setup and operate various automated mail inserting equipment such as Pitney Bowes FPS, Pitney Bowes Rival, Pitney Bowes Relay, Bell+Howell Forerunner, Bell+Howell MS500, Bell+Howell Enduro inserters
· Manual assembly or bindery (hand gathering, inserting, packaging, etc).
· Occasionally operate various bindery equipment such as guillotine, shrink-wrapper, tie machine, saddle stitcher, perfect binder, gluer/padder, etc.
· Cleans work areas and contributes to the general upkeep of the production area.
· Follow and comply with all company Health & Safety policies and work rules and regulations; PPE (safety shoes, high-vis clothing, etc) are mandatory when accessing the production area.
· Maintain and contribute to departmental housekeeping standards.
· Performs other duties as required or assigned by Supervisor or Managers
· Experience in setting up and operating Stahl B26 (or similar folding equipment) is a definite asset.
· Communicates job related information and expresses ideas clearly both verbally and in writing.
· Basic math skills, computer knowledge and experience.
· Ability to lift up to 50 lbs.
· Complete work orders and assigned tasks in accordance with set deadlines.
· Industry knowledge:
o Learn and maintain understanding of Canada Post/USPS rules and regulations
o Learn current trends within the printing and mailing industry.
· Ability to read and write English proficiently.
· Possession of fork lift license a definite asset.
· Willingness to work individually or in a group.
· Attention to detail.