Team Store Associates (Victoria)
We innovate | We have tenacity |We Empower | We get things done | We are Unique |We have fun
Who we are:
GSL Group is headquartered in Vancouver, B.C. with offices and operations also located in Victoria and Kelowna. We have a wide range of businesses including E-Commerce, Sports and Entertainment, Hospitality, Food & Beverage, and Real Estate Development and Construction (Commercial, Industrial, Residential and Sports & Entertainment Facilities). Our mission is to build inclusive, sustainable communities by bringing people together through innovation in sport, entertainment, and development.
Our Save-On-Foods Memorial Centre in Victoria, BC and the Victoria Royals are currently looking for part-time Team Store Associates to help with the day to day responsibilities of our team store, including on game days.
A day in the life:
- Online store - processing online sales and shipping inventory, assisting the Team Store supervisor in setting up promotions
- On-site Store:
- Opening and closing of the team store (and kiosks during game days)
- Greeting fans when they enter the store/approach kiosk area; provide a friendly experience for fans and guests when buying Royals Merchandise
- Sell merchandise, process POS transactions (operate the cash register/Square)
- Be an ambassador for the Victoria Royals and Save-on-Foods Memorial Centre
- Keep the team store clean and organized, stocking items, etc.
- Assisting with inventory – daily reconciliation of items, and monthly inventory counts
- Other ad-hoc duties as assigned
- The team store is usually open on evenings and weekends during game days – availability during these times will be a must
Ideally, you are:
- An excellent communicator with the ability to provide a high level of customer service
- Capable of multi-tasking in an environment with frequent interruptions
- Excellent when it comes to clerical skills, including the ability to accurately input data using word processing, spreadsheets, and databases
- A positive person with the ability to work cooperatively within diverse departments and workgroups
You own this if you have:
- 1-2+ years of previous retail & point of sale experience
Perks, Benefits, and Other Cool Stuff:
- Competitive salary
- Employer paid dental & extended health coverage
- Life insurance and disability coverage
- Employee and Family Assistance Program (EFAP)
- Employee Discount Programs
- Front-of-the-Line Access to shows and concert tickets
- Employee Family Assistance Program
- New Hire referral bonuses
- GSL Scholarship Program
Culture is very important to us at GSL! We want someone who, along with having the above qualifications, is also passionate and driven. You have a ‘can-do’, positive attitude and enjoy collaborating and working in teams. If this sounds like you, please apply today - we can’t wait to discuss the role in more detail with you!
GSL is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We value diversity and are dedicated to providing a work environment that is free from harassment and discrimination. All employment decisions are made based on qualifications, job requirements and business needs. GSL is passionate about being known for an inclusive culture where talented people of all backgrounds want to work.
Please visit our careers page to see more job opportunities.
Apply for this Position