Facilities Specialists performs several duties related to maintaining a safe, professional, fully functioning, and aesthetically pleasing hangar and office complex. Working hands-on and in conjunction with vendors, the facilities specialist works to uphold the highest standards of serviceability of all aspects of the campus including buildings, utilities, and roads.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Includes but not limited to:
· Replacing filters
· Maintaining heating systems
· Fixing leaks in ceilings
· Painting walls
· Diagnosing and solving different problems
· Repairing air conditioning systems
· Fixing electrical switches
· Unclogging Drains
· Checking fluid levels
· Replacing machine parts
· Regular preventative maintenance tasks to make sure that buildings do not deteriorate and all is functioning smoothly.
· High school diploma or general education degree (GED)
Knowledge, Skills Abilities:
· Ability to obtain an airport security badge
· Problem-solving skills
· Oral and Written Communication skills
· Detail Oriented
· Ability to work under pressure
· Ability to follow detailed instructions
· Basic carpentry knowledge
· Manual dexterity
· Ability to multitask
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear. This position is very active and requires standing, walking, bending, kneeling, stooping, crouching, crawling, and climbing all day. The employee must frequently lift and/or move items over 50 pounds.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to various weather conditions and loud noises.