HealthChampion is looking for a dynamic individual to join our team as Managing Director, Product. In this role you will drive our platform’s product suite into our core markets from concept to launch and oversee the remainder of the product lifecycle. Reporting to the Managing Partner, Product, you will be instrumental to the success of our team in bringing a new patient experience to the US healthcare system.
HealthChampion (www.myhealthchampion.com) is the world’s first consumer-driven healthcare platform. We’re reshaping the way people manage their health and giving them personal control of their medical records - and we’re doing so with a team of talented, adaptive change-makers. Join HealthChampion’s collaborative group of world-changers in making a difference and improving lives, one app and one person at a time.
About our employees
We hire people who are hungry, humble, and smart. Hungry meaning that you are a biased-to-action, willing to jump in, passionate, multi-skilled and cross-functional team member. Humble meaning letting go of ego, committing to the team and an eagerness to get feedback and learn. And smart meaning not only technically skilled but also EQ - the ability to work with a team, handle conflict, actively listen, mentor others, and have a sense of curiosity and compassion.
About Product Development at HealthChampion
We use Professional Scrum to deliver products. More than just the common agile practices and mechanics, we live out the agile values. We truly believe that given the right environment – one of self-organization, transparency, craftsmanship – that people will love working here and together we will build the best possible products.
What You Will Do:
· Provide competitive analysis -- data, market trends, market opportunities
· Act as business advocate responsible for interpreting market trends, understanding consumer feedback, identifying growth opportunities, idea generation and communication back to the organization
· Identify target markets and market penetration strategies
· Define product strategy including product diversification, features and options
· Quickly identify and validate product market fit to influence go/no-go decisions – “fail fast”
· Understand the aspects of a customer’s business which apply to our product offerings by capturing and articulating market problems and translating them into market requirements for product management including design, performance needs, features and options
· Manages the creation and development of new products, performing ongoing market research, tracking customer satisfaction, participating in the product decision making process, and measuring product success
· Coordinate product introduction and market exploitation
· Discern and generate business cases for product extensions and product enhancements
· Monitor customer needs, competitors’ product offerings, customers’ buying preferences, and competitive advantage/disadvantage
· Review revenue, model mix and configuration sales trends
· Supports teams through product development from concept to launch, launch to stability, and stability to sunset as applicable
· Outline roadmaps for products across a complex market mix
· Create personas and map customer journeys, buying processes, and user stories
· Work with finance to identify and validate the most effective pricing and packaging structures for products and services, add-ons and adjacent offerings
· Work with sales and marketing teams to integrate campaigns and drive the success of sales enablement materials
· Develop and perfect service models that identify success milestones and empower delightful engagements with our customers
· Lead the product advisory board, promoting rich and engaging conversation with send ahead documentation and a robust facilitation plan
A Bit About You:
· You have a high emotional intelligence quotient, capable of navigating and driving success in conversations at all levels with clients and users, internally, and with our partners
· You have an established software development lifecycle under which your team operates, and you iterate on that process as gaps and challenges resolve
· You’re well versed in strategy frameworks and tactical toolkits and can craft a vision and deploy resources to make that vision a reality
· You understand deeply B2B2C and B2B buyers, and can engage and motivate B2C users
· You’re experienced in market research, and can bring prior vendor relationships along with you
· You’re comfortable regularly and frequently presenting plans, results, and status updates at all stages of the product’s lifecycle
· You have a knack for identifying and attracting exceptional talent. You can mentor them, and take pride in helping them hone their crafts
· You’re detailed and driven, reliable and professional. No one has to follow up with you on deliverables because you’ve proactively engaged stakeholders along the way
· Minimum five years’ experience in the healthcare field as a product leader
Position does not require that you live in Illinois. We are looking nationwide for candidates.
This is a full-time position with an excellent comp package including salary, incentives, paid-for benefits, flexibility, and potential for huge growth only. We are unable to sponsor visa candidates at this time.