Cajun Ready Mix Concrete is the largest operating ready mix concrete company in the Greater Baton Rouge Region with over 60 rear discharge mixer trucks and 9 state certified batch plants.
We currently have immediate openings for a Concrete Batchman to join our growing team.
Responsible for the daily operations of a plant location in and around the Baton Rouge Metropolitan Area, including the operations, maintenance, production, inventory control, safety, environmental compliance and supervision of plant employees.
- Ensure that all products to be delivered meet or exceed company and customer expectations. Ensure acceptable inventory levels to meet customer needs.
- Positively supervises and motivates truck drivers, loader Men and any plant personnel.
- Demonstrates and communicates high standard of customer service and satisfaction
- Schedule and plan material deliveries based on information provided by Dispatch to meet the deliver needs of the company. Ensure deliveries are made promptly, safely and efficiently.
- Ensure that a safe workplace is maintained.
- Ensure that operation remains in compliance with all applicable environmental standards.
- Maintain the plant’s condition, mechanically and esthetically. Partner with the maintenance department when necessary to ensure the plant is in working condition.
- Ensure the accuracy of the daily paperwork required by the company. Ensure all COD’s are verified, properly secured and delivered to the main office.
- Ensure that employees are working efficiently and consistently.
- Maintain good working relationships with co-workers and outside personnel.
- Manage approved disciplinary process pertaining to drivers and operators.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED)
- 1+ years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience, management position a plus
- Excellent math and computer skills
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions and procedure manuals.
- Good communication skills
- Must be able to read, write and speak in English.
- Able to operate a front loader
We offer our employees competitive wages and an excellent comprehensive benefits package including health, dental, vision, disability, life insurance, paid vacation and sick time, and 401k.
Cajun Ready Mix Concrete LLC. does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veterans' status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We are always looking for the best, most qualified people to join our team.
Pre-employment drug testing (EOE)
Job Type: Full-time