Description: General Manager
Employer: DBMC Restaurants dba. Walk
On's Sports Bistreaux
Classification: Full Time
The General Manager is responsible for the daily
operations and inspired leadership of the management team and team players in
the restaurant. At Walk-On’s we win EVERYONE, EVERYWHERE, EVERYWAY AND EVERYDAY.
The General Manager is responsible for delivering sales and profits at their
location with a strong commitment to systems that support our unique
positioning as a brand and the Walk-On’s Way of doing everything we do.
Responsibilities: (Including, but not limited to)
- The GM consistently provides a
quality product and guest service experience that delivers total customer
satisfaction. He or she models and creates an environment in which the customer
is always right; ensures a positive guest service experience.
- The GM must understand completely all policies,
procedures, standards, specifications, guidelines and training programs along
with executing the top 4 priorities.
- The GM responds positively and quickly to customer
concerns. He or she corrects potential problems before they affect guests.
- The GM hires high quality people who demonstrate and
ensure consistent customer satisfaction.
- Ensures all employees are trained, motivated and
empowered to deliver total guest satisfaction. Evaluates each employee’s
ability to maintain high levels of guest satisfaction.
- Maintains restaurant at the level necessary to meet or
exceed the company standards for Quality, Service and Cleanliness.
- Utilizes labor effectively to meet budgets while
ensuring high quality of QSC.
- The GM must be able to reach, bend,
stoop, and frequently lift up to 50 pounds and must have the stamina to work 50
to 60 hours per week.
- Work in a standing position for long periods of time
up to 5 hours or more.
Training and Development
- The GM continuously improves the
skills, knowledge and morale of all employees. he or she treats the employees
with courtesy, honesty and respect
- The GM effectively utilizes all training programs from
new employee orientation up to and including management training classes.
- The GM prepares qualified employees for promotion to
the next position. He or she continually develops adequate numbers of shift
leaders to meet the objective of the business plan.
- The GM evaluates each employee’s performance based on
clearly communicated standards and expectations. The GM holds the employees
accountable for performance. The GM makes tough decisions regarding all
performance related issues in the restaurant; confronts poor performance.
- The GM will conduct weekly manager meetings.
Effective Business Management
- The GM maximizes financial
performance and profit. Ensure store achieves objectives in sales,
profitability, service, quality, appearance of facility and
- The GM develops and executes the
business plan (key elements include: fiscal responsibilities, manpower planning
and local restaurant marketing) for the restaurant. Achieves results by
planning, communicating, delegating and following up.
- Executes company-wide marketing
programs; initiates programs on time, correctly and with minimal direction.
- Identifies and develops local
restaurant marketing strategies to maximize sales.
Appropriate and Fair Business Practices
- The GM ensures business and
personnel practices are within the law and consistent with policies and
- The GM serves as a role model and
sets a positive example for the entire team in all aspects of business and
- Enforces all labor laws (federal,
state and local).
- Follows procedures to maintain the
safety and security of all employees, customers and company assets (building,
cash, equipment, supplies).
- Upholds Walk-On’s food safety, food
handling and sanitation requirements, to ensure the health and safety of our
customers and employees.
- Knowledgeable of restaurant policies
regarding personnel and administer prompt fair, and consistent corrective
action for any and all violations of company policies, rules, and procedures.
Accounting, Developing Budgets, Financial Planning and Strategy, Decision
Making, Process Improvement, Strategic Planning, Verbal Communication, Customer
Focus, Management Proficiency, Managing Profitability
DBMC Restaurants is an EEO employer - M/F/Vets/Disabled