An excellent opportunity exists to work for a government contractor with competitive compensation and work-life balance. Posterity Group is seeking an experienced Outpatient Medical Coder for the Wright-Patterson AFB, OH.
4881 Sugar Maple Drive
Role and Responsibilities:
- Practical knowledge of the International Classification of Diseases, Clinical Modification (ICD-CM); Healthcare Common Procedure Coding System (HCPCS); and Current Procedural Terminology (CPT).
- Practical knowledge of reimbursement systems, including, but not limited to, Ambulatory Payment Classifications (APCs); and Resource-Based Relative Value Scale (RBRVS).
- Practical knowledge and understanding of industry nomenclature; medical and procedural terminology; anatomy and physiology; pharmacology; and disease processes.
- Practical knowledge of medical specialties; medical diagnostic and therapeutic procedures; ancillary services (includes, but is not limited to, Laboratory, Occupational Therapy, Physical Therapy, and Radiology); and revenue cycle management.
Qualifications and Education Requirements:
- Minimum of (3) years of medical coding and/or auditing experience in two (2) or more medical, surgical and ancillary specialties within the past 10 years.
- A minimum of one (1) year of performance in the specialty is required to be qualifying.
- An Associate’s degree or higher in Health Information Management.
- A university certificate in medical coding
- At least 30 hours’ university/college credit that includes relevant coursework such as anatomy/physiology, medical terminology, health information management, and/or pharmacology.
- Successful completion of an American Academy of Professional Coders (AAPC) or American Health Information Management Association (AHIMA) coding certification preparation course for professional services or facility coding that includes medical terminology, anatomy and physiology, health information management concepts, and pharmacology.
- Certified Professional Coder (CPC) or Certified Coding Specialist (CCS-P) certification
- Certified Evaluation and Management Auditor (CEMA)
- Active Basic Life Support (BLS)
Posterity Group LLC is an EEO employer - M/F/Vets/Disabled