Registered Practical Nurse
- Provides direct nursing care for specified patients, including appropriate supportive care and administration of treatments as prescribed.
- Performs nursing assessments and triage of patient care needs for new and ongoing patients. Provides education to patients, families, and significant others; acts as an information resource to students, health care professionals, patients, and the public.
- Provides family support as required, including applicable referrals and counseling.
- Follows established NeuPath policies, procedures, and objectives, continuous quality improvement objectives, and safety, environmental, and/or infection control standards.
- May train and guide other nursing and support staff engaged in clinical activities; may participate in research and related activities.
- Performs miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
- Ability to maintain emotional stability to cope with human suffering, emergencies, and other stresses.
- Ability to maintain quality, safety, and/or infection control standards.
- Knowledge of medical treatment procedures, facilities, and equipment.
- Knowledge of supportive care principles and techniques for patients.
- Ability to educate patients and/or families as to the nature of the disease and to provide instruction on proper care and treatment.
- Knowledge of related accreditation and certification requirements.
- Ability to perform nursing assessments and patient triage.
- Patient assessment and referral skills.
- Proficient in I.V initiation and management
- Diploma in Nursing
- Minimum one (1) year of related work experience
- Registered and in good standing with the College of Nurses of Ontario
- Hold a current BCLS
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Please visit our careers page to see more job opportunities.