The Cashier serves as the face of Slim Chickens. They make that critical first and last impression with the Guests. They are the ones that must create the welcoming atmosphere that Guests will associate with Slim Chickens.
To ensure a great Guest experience, the Cashier must:
- Possess a thorough understanding of the menu and be able to recommend items and answer any questions that Guests may have.
- Be adept at running the register as well as being comfortable handling cash and credit card transactions.
- Help Guests with take-out orders, as well as pre-bus and bus tables.
- Serve food to customers from the window with a high focus on positive energy, and creating a great guest experience for our customers.
- Maintain the appearance of the restaurant from the Guests’ perspective. For example keeping:
- The lobby and restrooms sparkling clean
- The condiment station clean and fully stocked
- The parking lot free from trash
- All green space presentable and inviting
Similar to the cashier, drive thru Team Members also deal directly with the Guest. Providing great Guest service in a drive thru environment can be challenging so this position is usually given to front of the house Team Members who have excelled in their current position.
The drive thru Cashier will often work in tandem with the FOH to perform all FOH duties. Additionally, the drive thru Team Member must be able to:
- Communicate pleasantly and effectively with a Guest without being able to see them.
- Take orders and answer all questions that a drive thru Guest may have. It is very important that drive thru Team Members are able to articulate their answers in a clear and concise manner without face-to-face interaction.
- Multitask and communicate with two Guests at once. It is a common occurrence to be taking money and handing out an order at the window, while also having a Guest ordering from the drive thru speaker.
- Prepare drive thru Guests’ drinks.