Iroquois Skilled Nursing Community, a premier healthcare facility in CNY, is currently accepting resumes for a full-time Social Worker.
This position is responsible for intake assessments, care planning from the pyschosocial perspective, assisting with discharge counseling, and working with residents and their family members to provide overall quality of care and quality of life.
- Perform assessment of the resident at admission, upon change of condition, quarterly and/or annually.
- Create, review and update care plan and progress notes.
- Provide direct psychosocial intervention.
- Assist resident's family in coping with placement in a skilled nursing facility, physical illness, disabilities of the resident, and the grieving process.
- Work with the resident, family and interdisciplinary care team to plan discharge.
- Document all resident social work benchmarks and objectives
- Conduct job responsibilities in accordance with the Company's Code of Business Conduct, the Corporate Compliance Agreement, appropriate professional standards and applicable state/federal laws.
- Must be energetic, goal driven, a self-starter and computer proficient.
- Must have knowledge of psychosocial practices applicable to a long-term care environment.
- Must be able to effectively communicate with families.
- Must work cooperatively as a member of a team
- Must be computer proficient
The preferred candidate will hold a Master's Degree in Social Work or a related field, and have one year of supervised social work experience in a health care setting working directly with individuals. A Bachelor's Degree in Social Work or a related field is required.
Recent graduates are encouraged to apply.
About Iroquois Skilled Nursing Community:
Iroquois is a 160-bed short-term rehabilitation and long-term care skilled nursing facility located in Jamesville, NY.
Iroquois offers an excellent benefit package including: competitive salary, health, dental, and vision insurance, life insurance, tuition reimbursement, 401k with company match, weekly payroll, generous paid time off, safe free parking, and more!
Join Iroquois Skilled Nursing Community as we provide the highest quality of care and customer service to our residents and their families.
Iroquois Nursing Home is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Iroquois Nursing Home, Inc is an EEO employer - M/F/Vets/Disabled