Merit Coffee is searching for a tenacious Assistant Cafe Manager who is passionate about the pursuit of crafting the highest quality specialty coffee beverages, providing excellent service, and leading a team whose goal is to be an inspiring bright spot in the days of all of our customers. Our Assistant Café Managers are responsible for managing operations in our fast-growing company, solving problems, driving financial success, building great teams and creating the preferred meeting place in their communities.
Assistant Café Manager Responsibilities:
· Welcome customers, inform them about specials or new items, answer questions, and accept orders and payments.
· Prepare specialty coffee drinks of the very highest quality as well as other beverages, baked goods and foods.
· Sell retail coffee and brewing equipment, highlight the differences between items and educate customers about brewing methods.
· Clean and restock work and dining areas, and sanitize equipment and utensils.
· Learn and teach brewing methods, beverage recipes, food preparation, and presentation techniques to improve coffee and food quality.
· Maintain coffee knowledge on current offerings and clearly communicate product information to customers.
· Update signage and displays to attract customers.
· Take inventory and replenish items in display cases, at tables, or behind the counter.
· Work as part of an enthusiastic, fun, high-energy team.
· Adhere to all food safety regulations and quality controls.
· Participate and attend staff offered trainings and cuppings.
· Represent brand through proper appearance and clean and well-organized bar.
· Store opener and closer which require additional duties and expectations.
· Role Model for brand.
· Assist the Café Manager with administrative duties including but not limited to ordering, scheduling, inventory, and more.
· Work alongside the Café Manager to lead and train the team.
· Performs other duties as required.
Assistant Café Manager Requirements:
· High School Diploma or equivalent
· Strong organizational and leadership skills
· Must hold a current Managers Food Handlers Certification.
· 3 years’ experience in food and beverage preparation, customer service, or managing a team preferred
· Training and willingness to pursue excellence in learning about drink preparation and food offerings
· Exceptional listening and communication skills
· Ability to walk, bend, and stand for extended periods
· Availability to work 40 hours per week, around peak hours, including nights, early mornings, weekends, and holidays
· An outgoing, polite, engaging personality
· Commitment to customer satisfaction and service excellence
· Willingness to work as part of a high-energy, efficient team in a fast-paced environment