Statistician / ORSA
Location: Charlottesville, VA
Start Date: March 2021
Experience: 4 to 8+ years
*Position requires active TS/SCI level security clearance.
Take your success with military statistics to the next level!
DST is looking to empower you to skyrocket your career via your proven data interpretation, problem solving & forecasting skills. Our mission provides life-saving insights and recommendations.
Your part in our mission? Transform data into the information we need to accomplish that mission. Fill a critical role in our ongoing project for improving soldiers’ safety and protection.
Joining DST as our Statistician / ORSA enables you to have timely, near immediate, and direct impact. Take your skills in structured analytic research to higher levels and help us meet our safety and protection goals.
Position Description / Summary of Duties:
Serves as a Statistician and ORSA for the U.S. Army's National Ground Intelligence Center (NGIC) Anti Armor Analysis Program.
Duties and Responsibilities:
· You work hand in hand with the customer leading an effort that develops new analytical methods designed at saving US service members lives.
· You lead a project that the government fully supports and expects the contractor to directly impact.
· You recommend new methodologies of data analysis and prediction of enemy trends and attacks on US vehicles world-wide.
· You perform data collection, wrangling, and analysis across a plethora of data sets.
· You assist analysts and data scientists with evolutionary use of the new Army/MI Amazon Web Services (AWS) based data science environment (DSE).
· The results you generate are designed to identify the weapon system used, its employment and lethal effects; provide recommendations to mitigate vehicle vulnerabilities and protect US personnel.
· You have the opportunity to collaborate across diverse groups of US Government stakeholders. conducting program coordination support, working together with the customer throughout the entire process.
· You conduct technical inquiry, reporting and briefing support.
· You assist with development/maintenance of analytical policies and procedures.
· Perform other duties as assigned as you identify new innovations.
Required Skills and Qualifications:
· Education and General Experience:
o Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Physical Science, or related scientific or technical discipline with four (4 - 8) years of technical experience or the equivalent.
· Specialized Experience:
o Analyzing and interpreting data to solve problems and predict future outcomes.
o Programing/visualizing with statistical tools and MS Excel/Access.
o Using statistical, probability and sampling techniques to present oral and written forecasts, findings, and recommendations.
o Developing predictive analytics using data analysis & engineering and by applying statistical techniques.
o Data wrangling: extracting raw data and transforming it via statistical software packages.
o Proficient in using visualization software.
o 4 to 8+ years of hands-on experience with statistics, ORSA (Operations Research/Systems Analyst) and data wrangling.
o Excellent verbal, written, and presentation skills.
Desired Skills and Qualifications:
If you don’t have some of these skills, that’s OK, we’ll support you developing them!
· Knowledge of operational Army and U.S. Government vehicles (combat, non-combat, and non-tactical), and personnel protective equipment (PPE)
- NGIC experience, in general, and CIDB database experience, in particular.
· Knowledge and experience in quantitative risk analysis
· Knowledge of threat systems to U.S. Government combat, non-combat, and non-tactical vehicles, personnel, and structures.
· Ability to program/visualize in the statistical package R and/or Python
· Ability to collaborate with other intelligence entities in order to understand analytical methodologies and community of interest/stakeholders.
· Experience with AWS SageMaker or other Machine Learning applications
· Experience with AC2SP (Army MI Cloud Computing Service Provider) and or AC2SP DSE (Data Science Environment)
· Experience in systems analysis techniques, concepts and methods and knowledge of available system software, computer equipment and open system architecture.
· Understanding of SQL/structured data and unstructured data/key value pairings
· HIPAA certification.
· Able to complete DoD training and certifications and obtain DoD 8570.01-M IAT-I (Army AR25-2) certification including Computer Environment (CE) certification.
· PMP and or PMI-ACP
· Active Top Secret/SCI
Data Solutions & Technology Incorporated (DST) is an EEO employer - M/F/Vets/Disabled