Vicinity Motor Corp Langley Township, BC
The Buyer is a key part of the inventory department of a Vicinity Motor Corp. Their job is to anticipate and maintain stock levels to ensure the aftersales spare parts business runs smoothly. They perform routine stock inspections, anticipate market changes, plan and purchase goods, and ensure inventory levels are financially feasible.
- Ordering based on business need and forecasted usage.
- Tracking inventory across multiple locations.
- Anticipating stock demands based on current and future business functions.
- Analyzing and anticipating market trends for the best time to purchase inventory.
- Creating inventory reports and presenting suggestions to the Inventory Control Manager.
- Ensuring the business has a steady flow of stock without overcapitalizing on materials.
- Assisting in the strategic sourcing of alternative suppliers
- Suggesting changes to inventory warehousing to meet increased or reduced demand.
- Generate purchase orders for all parts requirements for all departments including R&D, Service and After Sales
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor's degree in Business Management, Logistics, Supply Chain management or a related field.
- At least 2 years of experience working in logistics, supply chain management, or operations
- Or a combination of Education and experience
- Detailed knowledge of logistics and inventory management best practices
- Detailed knowledge of purchasing best practices
- Mathematical and analytical skills.
- Experience with statistical analysis an asset
- Ability to identify and anticipate stock disruptions based on market trends.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Experience with the Microsoft Office Suite and/or Enterprise systems, must have experience with Microsoft Excel and data formatting.
- Ability to write and present detailed inventory reports.
- A customer service mindset
- Written Mandarin Chinese an asset.