Visitor Services Agent - Full Time
General Summary: The Visitor Services Agent is responsible for exciting, engaging, and entertaining guests in a way that promotes a positive Zoo experience. This position requires a flexible schedule to include weekends, holidays, and special events. The Visitor Services Agent will report directly to the Director of Visitor Services Operations and Visitor Services Manager(s).
• Interact in a consistently pleasant and helpful manner to fellow employees, guests, vendors, and other visitors of the Zoo and demonstrate the highest standards of internal and external customer service;
• Provide guests with information on all aspects of the Zoo experience such as exhibits, on-ground activities (including times and locations), routes through the Zoo, construction, shuttles, train, and membership information;
• Provide guest control, including challenging situations;
• Use a campus wide radio system to communicate information;
• Assist with transporting guests safely to and from designated locations throughout assigned shift;
• Maintain cleanliness at work locations;
• Ensure guest safety at all times;
• Load and unload responsibilities associated with Zoo shuttle;
• Load and unload responsibilities associated with amusement rides;
• Assist with completing daily preventative maintenance on all Zoo rides, shuttle, and train;
• Monitor and validate memberships of guests at the Zoo entrance;
• Perform other duties as assigned; and,
• Adhere to all policies and procedures of the Zoo.
Communication (Internal and External):
• Respond appropriately to guests’ questions, comments, or concerns;
• Communicate with fellow Visitor Services Agents by radio contact as needed following Zoo radio etiquette and protocol at all times; and,
• Contact an appropriate staff member necessary to resolve guest issues.
Management of Resources (financial, human resources, facilities):
• Distribute Zoo literature, including but not limited to: maps, event flyers and comment cards, while maintaining accurate supply of the same; and,
• Monitor guests’ behavior to ensure their safety on and around the rides, tram, and train.
• Friendly and outgoing;
• Possess a positive and patient attitude;
• Possess excellent verbal communication skills; and,
• Adaptability- Willingness to work until the last guest has left Zoo grounds each scheduled day.
• Minors (17 years of age) may be considered for employment by the Human Resources Department at the Zoo. However, minors are required to furnish an authorized work permit agreement with the necessary signatures to legally work at the Zoo.
• Must be able to stand and remain active for an eight hour shift;
• Must be able to walk large areas of the Zoo as needed;
• Must be able to work in an outdoor weather environment in all seasons and weather, including heat/humidity, cold temperatures, and/or wet conditions;
• Ability to work a flexible schedule to include weekends, holidays, and special events; and, • Must be able to exert up to 35 pounds of force to lift, push, pull, carry, or otherwise move objects.
• Must be able to operate a variety of equipment including rides, two-way radio, telephone, etc.
• Ability to work with individuals from a wide variety of ethnic, cultural and economic backgrounds; and, • Ability to identify and resolve guest issues.
Disclaimer: The statements above are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and/or skills required of all personnel so classified. Therefore, management reserves the right to revise the job or to require that other or different tasks be performed when circumstances change.
Please visit our careers page to see more job opportunities.
Apply for this Position