Are you an experienced WINTEL systems administrator with VMWare experience looking to build and manage your own team? We are a Cybersecurity Managed Services provider seeking the next level hands-on Systems administrator that can manage a small team to build, deploy and support our unique Cybersecurity hyper-converged infrastructure. Upward mobility is there for the right candidate. Work closely with the CISO and CEO to provide excellent customer service and develop deployment and infrastructure management best practices that focus on reducing rework and rapid delivery.
The position will have responsibility and central accountability of all computing services infrastructure hardware and software components and configurations.
- Provide system administration services support for CloudNexus Hyper-converged IT Infrastructure Servers and software and hardware components to meet customer requirements.
- Build/Configure/Deploy physical and Virtual servers (Microsoft Windows server and VMware vSphere/ESXi servers), system Configuration and Performance Optimization, access controls, manage files, disk space, and Level 2 and 3 technical support for INTEL/VMware/Applications required to deliver services and meet Service Level Requirements (SLRs).
- Manage Active Directory, DNS, DHCP, LDAP services, operating systems, utilities, databases, and applications for the WINTEL/VMware server computing infrastructures.
- Provides Wintel/VMware hardware support and hardware IMAC services (install, move, add, change) support for Remote sites.
- Proactively evaluates new technologies and processes to improve customer service delivery.
- Perform regular server maintenance and application upgrades (e.g., service packs, hot fixes, dot releases, and Enterprise Virus protection).
- Document and maintain Policies, Standards and Procedures for all aspects of data center and hyper-converged systems.
- Must participate in on call rotation, to include after-hours support for all supported systems at local and remote sites
- 5+ years' experience providing enterprise infrastructure servers and system administration services.
- Proficiency in deploying and administration of Microsoft Server 2008/2012/2016 in both physical and virtual environments.
- Working knowledge and experience required in VMware ESXi 5.x / 6.x and vSphere, VMware Virtual Center, VMware VROPS and P2V Migrations; VMware is a required skill
- Must have experience installing and configuring ESXi 6.x, vCenter 6.x server technologies and building new virtual machines
- Must have experience troubleshooting common and uncommon Windows server and VMware ESXi problems
- Working knowledge and experience with Windows Domains / Active Directory / GPOs / DNS is a mandatory requirement; building new Windows Domains, setup and configuration of Active Directory, setup and configuration of Windows DNS, setup and configuration of Group Policy Objects (GPOs), and installing and configuring hardware platforms
- Must be familiar with VMware ESXi and Microsoft Windows best practices and policies
- Experience with PowerShell and other scripting technologies
- Proficiency and experience in provisioning and support of AWS, O365, etc.
- Strong documentation skills is an absolute must – both technical deployment guides and process documentation
- Able to work independently with little supervision
- Required to have strong organizational skills and can easily prioritize project tasks as the Administrator will be working on multiple projects
- Required to have excellent communication skills (both oral and written)
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with ever changing project priorities
- Proficiency in configuring and supporting vrious monitoring services in IT infrastructure environment.
- Proficiency with configuration and support of network services infrastructure components (ie. routers, switches, VPNs, etc.).
- Excellent Communication Skills – written and oral.
- Veterans are encouraged to apply