Job Title: Receptionist
Location: Bethesda, MD
Hours: Part-time 2-3 days/week M-F
Type of Hire: Temp with the potential to become permanent
Our client is seeking a Receptionist in Bethesda, MD. Our client provides scientific, technical and programmatic support services to military and medical research.
Incumbent will be responsible for greeting and providing information to large number of visitors.; receiving, switching, and handling a wide variety of incoming phone calls, providing clerical support on an overflow basis.
1. Responsible for receiving, relaying, taking messages and handling all incoming phone calls.
2. Greets all office visitors and informs staff members of the arrival of expected visitors and advises the appropriate staff member regarding unexpected visitors.
3. Maintains routine records regarding visitor and telephone activity
4. Posts daily conference room calendar. Assists in reserving conference rooms
5. Processes outgoing shipments.
6. Scans and electronically files approved invoices, fund disbursements and contract requests. Routes to appropriate departments at headquarters.
7. Sets up mailboxes for new employees.
8. Stocks, monitors and orders office and kitchen supplies. Cleans coffee pots.
9. Obtains copier meter readings and maintains toner stock for copiers and fax machines.
10. Compiles and distributes crisis emergency cards
11. Assists in obtaining internal electronic invoice approvals.
12. Performs routine clerical duties and may do some light typing (special projects)
13. Other duties as assigned.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities: Use of telephone equipment, and knowledge of standard office machines and equipment. Excellent verbal communication skills.
Minimum Education/Training Requirements: High school diploma.
Minimum Experience: 1 year experience as a receptionist.
Level One Personnel is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status or other status protected by law.