Cook - Grande Shores Resort
Myrtle Beach Seaside Resorts believes that our employees are the strength, vendors are the standard, homeowners are the prospect, and customers are the focus. We are committed to maintaining a safe and secure, working environment, which promotes communication, participation, and involvement. Empowered and proactive staff create memorable experiences for our guest that exceed expectations.
Job Description -The cook will make meals following recipes, prep ingredients, and maintain a clean workspace at all times to follow health and safety guidelines. The ideal candidate will ensure that any dietary restriction requests from guest are fully executed in a timely manner. The cook will produce meals in their required portions and presentation guidelines.
Job responsibilities -
· Ensure that all safety guidelines for the kitchen are being followed
· Operate cooking equipment accordingly
· Follow recipes including measuring, weighing and mixing ingredients
· Ensure that dishes are presentable
· Maintain a clean work area
· Maintain food safety and sanitation standards
· Set-up, restock, maintain clean food preparation areas.
· Maintain accurate food inventories
· Properly store food items at appropriate temperatures
· Rotate stock items as per established procedures
· Previous experience as cooking staff (minimum 1 year)
· Be familiar with food and safety sanitation guidelines
· Able to be on your feet for long periods of time
· Wear the correct attire for a kitchen environment, as required by supervisor
· Available to work a flexible schedule including weekends and holidays.
· ServeSafe certification is a plus
Qualifying team members may enjoy the following benefits -
· Medical insurance
· Vision, Dental, Disability, Life, and Accident insurance
· Paid Vacation
· Bereavement leave