About MacCosham Inc.
MacCosham has been providing rail yard terminal services for over 50 years and is experienced in the management of a variety of yard configurations. In addition to our rail intermodal terminal services, including lift-on/lift-off of containers and hostler services, we also operate several container and chassis repair depots associated with rail yard terminal services, with a full range of mechanical, welding and associated repair services.
MacCosham Inc. is looking for a full-time, permanent Supervisor Intermodal Operations to join our growing team in Calgary, AB.
- Monitor attendance of employees based off the guidance of Terminal Manager
- Monitor employees and complete compliance audits
- Complete daily required reports as needed
- Participate in daily planning conference calls and weekly safety conference call
- Monitor equipment down time, and record in tracking report
- Implementation of new strategies to assist with operations inside the terminal
- Responsible for the daily execution of performance in the terminal regarding safety, performance, and efficiency
- Communicate clearly with CP Supervisors regarding track plans and truck turnaround times
- Assist in scheduling
- Create, implement, and advise safety topics to employees during job briefings
- Additional responsibilities related to the day to day operations of the terminal as delegated by the Manager Terminal Operations
- High school diploma or equivalent is required
- Some post-secondary education is considered an asset
- Broad understanding of rail operations
- Understanding of intermodal operations is required
- Experience in a top lift machine, shunt truck and/or ground duties is considered an asset
- Computer skills (Word, Excel, Outlook)
- Experience with Oasis, TMS/Triex and Nexus would be an asset
- Ability to communicate effectively
- Ability to lead and manage a diverse group of employees
- Ability to remain calm in stressful situations
- Ability to drill down, understand root cause and resolve complex issues
What Management with MacCosham has to offer
- Flexible and competitive benefits package
- Competitive RRSP matching program
- Performance Incentive Program
- Competitive annual compensation package
MacCosham is committed to the safety and health of its employees and the general public. This position requires someone who is considered to be physically fit. Successful candidate may be required to meet certain criteria for a safety sensitive position as defined by Canadian Pacific. Drug and alcohol pre-screening may be required upon request as part of pre-employment conditions.
MacCosham is committed to equal employment opportunity. We do not discriminate on the ground of race, colour, religion, sex, age, or disability in the hiring, retention, or promotion of employees; nor in determining their rank, or the compensation and benefits paid to them. MacCosham values the diversity of each individual we hire and serve. We foster a safe workplace where individuals feel welcomed, recognized, appreciated, and respected for their differences.
We thank all applicants for their interest in joining the MacCosham team, but only select candidates will be contacted for an interview. Please, no phone calls.