The Production Line Lead is responsible for evaluating, optimizing and diagnosing problems and surveillance of line processing flow. Oversee operations including installation, operation and maintenance and enhancement of process. Responsible for training employees and ensure the lines is flowing properly.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Ensuring efficient operation of multiple machines and that the products are being processed in conformance to quality standards and meet acceptable specifications as set for the by the company.
- Must be able to perform, but not limited, to the following tasks: inspections and minor mechanical functions.
- Performs prescribed basic preventative maintenance on machines as required per the Total Preventative Maintenance charts.
- Ensure the loose products are handled properly on the line without disturbing or causing damage and distortion to the process.
- Must be familiar with all products and their specifications that are run on the machine. Check and ensure the process is running smoothly by observing and inspecting product for any inconveniences in shape or dimensions according to the product spec.
- Identify/Eliminate technical malfunctions; record and alert Supervisor and/or Maintenance of process disruptions.
- Must be able to work in unison with other co-workers on the line.
- Ensure proper cleaning, operations, and safety of machines and work area in accordance with procedures, regulations and working methods defined. Also supervising compliance of such operations.
- Correcting problems and setting priorities
- Identifying bottlenecks in the work processes and making suggestions for improvements.
- Maintain productivity logs as required.
- Must be familiar with the basic machine functions in order to perform the tasks stated above.
- Observe line to ensure that product is moving uniformity through various stages of processing according to the production schedule.
- Detects and reports defective materials or questionable conditions to the department supervisor.
- Work in accordance with the procedures, working instructions and safety regulations as they apply within Company and unable to do so escalate and report immediately to Supervisor.
- Other duties as identified by Supervisor.
In addition to the essential duties and responsibilities listed above, all positions are also responsible for:
- Meeting company standards pertaining to quantity and quality of work performed on an ongoing basis, performing all work-related tasks in a manner that is in compliance with all Company policies and procedures, work instructions and safety regulations.
- Adhering to Company policies, procedures, and directives regarding standards of workplace behavior in completing job duties and assignments. Must follow all Company Safety policies, as well as all GMP regulations and all lock-out/tag-out requirements according to OSHA requirements.
- Ensure execution of the work as defined above.
- Report unsafe working conditions to the Department Supervisor.
- Work in accordance with the applicable procedures, work instructions, and safety regulations.
- Must know all emergency stop points and safety guards that exist on the line.
Competencies and skills:
- Bi-lingual preferred, ability to communicate in English both verbally and written necessarily.
- Technical knowledge of the machines and installations in the department.
- Must be a team player and provide consultation
- Knowledge of food safety, GMP or training in the field of food.
- Knowledge of HACCP requirements in a working environment with (food) raw materials.
- Working knowledge of quality protocols
- Flexibility and willingness to work (overtime) in shifts and weekends
- Willingness to continue to expand working knowledge and take appropriate courses.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Minimum experience of 5 years working with multiple operating machines in a food manufacturing facility.
- Must have training in general safety, food safety, and quality awareness
- Bilingual a plus
- Knowledge of 5S and Lean Manufacturing a plus
WENNER BAKERY / EUROPASTRY USA is an EEO employer - M/F/Vets/Disabled